How much material is needed to achieve that shape like on the photo attached? (Photo)

I had 2 syringes of Juvederm ultra Plus XC used for my face (for lips, to correct the nose and to improve smile lines) But afrer 4 months seem like it dissolved a little:(. So i need one more syringe because i really want my lips to look like lips on the picture. And i guess I also need a new juvederm practitioner in LA area.. Is one syringe will be enough to achieve that exact shape and add some of the material to the smile lines? I would appreciate responses and referrals. Thank you

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat -- Go Slow, Use Cannulas

I suggest you see an expert this may take a few syringes and should be done in stages.  The ultimate outcome is built over time.  Dr. Emer.

Lip augmentation with filler versus fat.

lip augmentation with fillers can achieve what you are looking for but this is more expensive than having fat augmentation. Fat can be harvested from another part of the body and permanently correct setting lips. This is something that many of us have done for more than 30 years and is something you  should consider. Otherwise you can continue using filler. 

Voluma restores lost volume in the cheeks, which is one of the causes of the formation of nasolabial folds

Thank you for your question Kleos. Juvederm is a filler used to enhance the face. The amount used depends on the individual and his/her goals. For example a person with deep lines would require more than a person with sallow lines. For my patients I normally start with Voluma in the cheeks. Voluma restores lost volume in the cheeks, which is one of the causes of the formation of nasolabial folds. This addresses the cause of the problem rather than the result, provides the youthful apple of the cheeks, and lasts longer than Juvederm. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. We are happy to offer free consultations, please contact us to schedule an appointment. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

How Much Filler Needed?

It's important to recognize that it is impossible for us to give you someone else's lips. What we can do with the use of fillers is give you the best version of your lips. Everyone has different lip structure, therefore, the results will be different. The important thing is that you communicate your goals clearly with your physician so you are both on the same page. Juvederm usually lasts between 6 months to 1 year. For some it may last a little bit less. Two syringes of filler may not have been enough to cover multiple areas, so that may be a reason why your results are fading. It's easy to add more filler if needed. Make sure you find an experienced injector. Hope this helps answer your question.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon