Lumps in lips after Juvederm? (photos)

I just jot juvederm for the first time and I've noticed that I have 2 lumps on the inside of my lips. We only used 1cc and it's been one day. Will this pass? Should I massage it?

Lumps in Lips from Juvederm

I would recommend some mild massage to the treated area.  If these lumps don't resolve in two weeks then you should return to your treating physician for Vitrase to dissolve the lumps.  Best, Dr. Green

Lumps in lips after filler...

Thank you for your question.  Lumps and bumps after filler particularly in the lips are very common immediately after the procedure.  This and the bruising after filling lips typically will resolve within 2 weeks, however I would recommend massaging these lumps and bumps and if they do not resolve return to your physician for further evaluation and management and possible dissolution with hyaluronidase.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm for lips

Swelling and bruising can cause Juvederm lumps and it can take two weeks to resolve.  If the lumps are this visible in a few more days, please return to your injector for assessment.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Massage can help

Massage with the fingers or firm pressure can smooth out lumps, as can a Q tip.
If it persists, some Vitrasse can be injected to dissolve the offending areas.

Juvederm and Lumps

Thanks for your question!  I also recommend massaging the lips to my patients after Juvederm injections.  This can help with any of the lumps that form in the days following injections.  As always, follow up with your injector with any questions or concerns.  Best of luck to you!