Loose skin under eyes! Whats the best solution? (photo)

Hello ! I am 44 years old and i have loose skin under my eyes. What would be the best treatment for me to fix the problem, if there is one . I dont mind having plastic surgery . (i dont know if this is important but i dont have excess fat under my eyes and i had a rhinoplasty done 10 months ago ) Thank you

Fillers Best for Volume Loss Under Eyes

Loose skin under the eyes can have many different causes.  Generally speaking, these include excess volume loss in the fat pads under our eyes, skin laxity and wrinkling, and/or bulging fat pads.  Judging by your photo, there seems to be a degree of skin laxity and a degree of volume loss.  A pure surgical approach would not likely be the best choice for you.  Instead, a combination of filler and laser resurfacing would lead to improvements in both volume loss and skin laxity.  This can be a tricky area to treat, so only trust yourself to an Board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who can identify the problems specific to you and address them accordingly!

San Diego Dermatologist

Lower lid concerns

The best option would be a lower lid blepharoplasty.  This surgery can contour the area under the eye leaving a smoother, more youthful appearance.  Visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to learn more.

Camille Cash, MD

Loose skin under eyes! Whats the best solution?

If you don't have "fat bags" under your eyes, the loose skin can be excised and the skin tightened.

Fred Suess, MD

Lower eyelid blepharoplasty

Lower eyelid blepharoplasty is an ideal solution for your lower eyelid contour; please note that a canthoplex/plasty, or even malar fat pad replacement may also help you improve your lower eyelid support; a consultation would be necessary to provide you a definitive recommendation.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags -- Restylane or Belotero, Laser C02/Erbium Resurfacing, Microneedling, Viva/Intensif, Fraxel

The under eye can be improved with lasers, peels, fillers, prp injections.  Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

You might benefit from lower blepharoplasty which addressed under eye bags and excess skin. See an oculoplastic specialist. Another option may be laser resurfacing.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Loose skin under the eyes

Hi there, thank you for your photo and question. I am leaning towards recommending laser resurfacing for the skin in your lower eyelids. You are correct that it does not look like you have herniated fat under your eyes. Laser treatment can help tighten the skin and improve the texture. Your best recommendation will come from an exam in person from a surgeon. Other options would be a conservative skin pinch (scar hidden by your lashes) or chemical peels. 

Hope this helps! Good luck 

Myriam Loyo, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

I think you need volume in the lower eyelid.

The safest way to accomplish this is with hyaluronic acid filler.  These services last about a year and can be adjusted with an injection if there is an issue.  Remember in shopping for these services is that you are asking someone to sculpt you.  That turns out to be a rare and special skill.  It is not about getting the best price.  Your focus needs to be on getting the best service.