How long to wear compression garment after jawline Lipo??

Had a jawline lipo with a chin implant 3 weeks ago. I Stopped wearing the garment after the first week (exactly 7 days after the procedure) because it was uncomfortable. I decided to research this because I have seen no improvement in my jawline. Did I ruin my results? Can I start wearing it again to improve results even though I haven't worn it In the past two weeks? Please advise.

Compression Garment after Jawline Liposuction

Hello and thank you for your questions. There is no harm from not using the compression garments and your results should not be affected by it. I recommend wearing the garment for the first two weeks, and depending on your swelling, I would recommend using less of the garment. If you feel anymore discomfort, I suggest following up with your surgeon. I wish you the best of luck!

Chin implant garment - how long to wear?

Thank you for asking about your jaw liposuction.

No worries - you have not ruined your result by not wearing the garment. You are swollen after the liposuction and it takes time to subside. The purpose of the garment is first, your comfort and second, to reduce swelling until your body does it naturally. If it was uncomfortable, it made sense to remove it. If you want to try wearing it again - no harm in doing so.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Compression/Post Lipo/Ruin Results?--Contact Your Dr.--Botox, Venus Legacy, ThermiTight

I would ask your surgeon about their compression protocol.  Often I inject Botox around the area as well to help the healing from liposuction and give more definition. Long term treatments with Venus Legacy & Thermitight help also define and tighten. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Compression Garment after face Liposuction

It is  very  simple: first 2 weeks try to wear all day long. Next two weeks during nigh time. After 4 weeks  i  consider it unecesary 

Luis Pavajeau, MD
Colombia Plastic Surgeon

Compression

Each surgeon has his/her own viewpoints on the use of compression after surgery.  It is best to check with your surgeon on how to proceed as he/she is most familiar with your surgery and how you are progressing in recovery.

Camille Cash, MD

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon