How long should I wait to work out after getting a bbl?

I'm getting a bbl next month and I'm planning on working out to get fit on my upper body. How long should I wait to mayb lift some weights? How long should I wait to work out the legs?

Thank you for your question .

The minimum time that i keep my patients from working out is 4 weeks.Now there are patients that heal better , in this case i can advise sooner .

How Long after BBL to Work Out?

You want all the fat to survive and not be traumatized. Since there is often swelling and non-viable tissue and fatty oils that have to resorbed, you should give the healing process about six weeks before putting pressure on your bottom, like riding a bike. Light aerobics at four weeks would be OK, because by that time any fat that is viable would not be damaged.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Recovery

Thank you for the question

Normally that can happen after a 4 week period. It's best to ask your PS for post op instructions.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

BBL exercise and weight loss

Patients can walk right away and 10 pound weights right away, but no strenuous activity until swelling subsides (up to 6 weeks).  Patients stay in compression wear for that time to maximize contour results (most swelling is gone by 6 weeks).  Weight loss after BBL can cause loss of fat which is living tissue, so be sure to maintain your current weight to retain results.

BBL and exercise

Usually patients that have had a brazilian butt lift can go back to most exercise within a few weeks. It really depends upon how you heal. 

Every surgeon, follows his own protocol. I usually allow may patients to be back to their normal activity in 2 weeks, then advanced as tolerated. Sternous activity from 4 weeks onwards.

Maan Kattash, MD, FRCS, FACS

I usually ask my patients to wait from 4 to 6 weeks, depending upon how the healing goes.

Exercise after a Brazilian Butt Lift

Thanks for your question -

We do this operation frequently in our practice.  Working out too early can increase bleeding risk as well as increase edema (swelling) which can compromise the survival rate of your transferred fat.

We typically ask patients to avoid strenuous exercise for four weeks after the procedure.  This number can change depending on our patients clinical progress.  

I hope this helps!

Working Out After A BBL

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us.  When it comes to working out, I always advise my patients to let their body heal before they begin working out.  This is to ensure that the fat cells we are transferring survive the procedure. Typically, my patients are able to go back to the gym 2 months after surgery.

Of course, you should consult with your operating surgeon.  He will know your body and medical history and will be able to give you a more personal recommendation.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.