How long would I have to wait to do day trips, like Disneyland?

I just realized I have family coming to town and are wanting to do Disney about 1 month after surgery. Would I be healed enough, so long as I'm not carrying to kids around?

Activity 1 Month Post Op

Thank you for your question. I advise my patients to avoid heavy lifting- more than 10 lbs for 6 weeks post op. If you aren't lifting or applying direct pressure to the breast area I can't see why you wouldn't be able to go where you want to.  Talk with your Plastic Surgeon about any concerns you may have.
All the best

1 Month Should Be Plenty

As long as you're listening to your body throughout the day, staying hydrated, and avoiding heavy lifting, a fun, worry-free trip to Disneyland should be possible. Of course, it's important that your surgeon has the last word here, so it's important to get the official OK before making the trip. 

James N. Romanelli, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Vacation after Breast Augmentation

With any procedure, there is simply always going to be patient variation for recovery time. The average recommended time for work and vacation for a breast augmentation are the following: o   Above the muscle 3-4 days o   Below the muscle 4-10 days (avg 7) This can vary between the patient's medical history and other factors and it is important to not stress or impact your muscles with any heavy lifting until a full recovery, typically 6 weeks. You should be fine to travel one month after surgery, but should speak with your board-certified plastic surgeon for their thoughts.

Jay Burns, MD

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Recovery time enough to go to Disneyland

if all goes well, 1 month is perfectly sufficient for you to go to Disneyland and enjoy yourself! Remember, however, that you may feel tired faster than usual after having had surgery. Every surgeon's restrictions are different, and it somewhat depends on whether or not you had a lift with breast implants. Just to be safe, I would definitely wear a supportive exercise bra. 

Lily Lee, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Disneyland at 1 month post BA

Good question.  You will find that surgeons do vary regarding post-operative restrictions.  I require that my breast augmentation patients not lift more than 15 pounds post operatively for 1 full month, but I do encourage my patients to walk.  Best to consult with your surgeon.  Good luck.

At one month post surgery, you should be fine to take trips with your family.  Don't get hit or bumped, and have a great time!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Going to see Mickey

Thank you for your question. At one month post operative following breast augmentation you should not have any significant issues. As you said, as long as you are not carrying the kiddos around. You should be feeling pretty well by now following the surgery. Its always a good idea to check with your surgeon. Every surgeon has their own protocol for return to activity. Best Wishes and Have Fun!!