How long should a person recover after a lip lift before resuming exercise? (Specifically running).

Hello NessaIvy - Thanks for your question. It would help to wait roughly 7-10 days after a lip lift to resume exercise. Exercise increases the blood flow and blood pressure to the face, making bleeding and bruising of higher risk for several days after surgery.  I encourage my patients to take walks every day after facial surgery to avoid boredom, but do not recommend any cardio or weight lifting for 10-14 days on average.  Good luck, Dr. Shah

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Lip Lift Recovery...

Greetings,

Most women notice healing substantial progress and improvement in their swelling in about one week. By two weeks, most women report that they feel confident in most social and working environments that includes exercise. However, each person's healing is unique and is influenced by many factors including her aftercare regimen. Scar maturation is expected to take up to few months.

Have a great day!

Alicia Sigler, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon