How long does it usually take for the implants to fall in place? (Photo)

I'm two weeks post op and my breast look uneven. My doctor used inspira TRM-345cc on my left and TRM-310cc on my right.

How long does it usually take for the implants to fall in place?

Thank you for your question.  Generally, it takes about 3-6 months for the implants to settle in.  Please discuss any concerns with your surgeon.  Good luck.

Implant position post surgery

Thanks for question and picture.  Congratulations on your surgery. At 2 weeks it is really too early to evaluate the results. The implants take a minimum of 6 weeks and up to 6 months to fully settle into their final position. Also, they will usually soften up with time.   Just keep follow ups with your surgeon who can track your progress with you.  

Good luck!

Khashayar Mohebali, MD, FACS
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Differences in breast size early postoperatively has many reasons

Hi Nooshulove. Thanks for the photo.  It can take 6 months for the pockets to mature and implants to settle.  It would be important to look at your preop breasts to make sense of where you are now.  Your surgeon will check to make sure you don't have fluid/seroma causing a difference early on. Be sure to keep your postop appts and follow instructions on implant massage, activity limitations etc. A 35 cc difference is approximately 2 tablespoons and should not be the only reason for the difference.  Best wishes,

How long does it usually take for the implants to fall in place

It's a good question. Implants take 3-6 months to settle into place. You will notice dramatic changes as the implants settle over the first six weeks. The implants can also settle at a different rate. Sometimes one will settle first, while the other implant remains high. Eventually, they should both settle into a lower and more natural position. The bottom of the breast develops a more round appearance. It's important to be patient and give yourself time to heal. Make sure to stay in close contact with your surgeon, so that they can address your concerns. Congratulations on your recent surgery.