What is this long bump in my nostril? (photo)

It's a flash picture so it's a bit gross, but - I'm about 5 weeks post closed rhinoplasty and I have this little bump in my right nostril and this fleshy kinda blockage inside that I don't have in the other nostril - is it internal swelling or an infection? It's harder to clean my right nostril because of this and I feel like I don't breathe as well out of it. Anything I should be concerned about? Thank you.

Bump on the nostril

You are seeing the inside skin covering of your left tip cartilage, it could either just be swelling, which will resolve, or the position of the actual cartilage, underneath the skin.
Follow up closely with your surgeon to monitor for changes.

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Internal Contours of the Nose

Because people submit reversed images, I don't know what is your right or left.  In what looks like your right nostril, I can see the lateral wall and the normal contour of the caudal edge of the lateral crura of your tip cartilage. In what looks like your left nostril, I can see the septal wall and what is probably an incision along the caudal edge of the septum. It may just be swollen, or it may be the caudal edge of your septum that has deviated into the left nasal passage. You will need to be examined regarding the left side.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

1 month post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
It's too early to make value judgments with only 1 month after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Bump in nose

the bump in your nose is your incision line that is healing. Please see examples below of patients that have undergone rhinoplasty.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Bump

Thank you for the question but if you have concerns see and ask your surgeon as he knows what he did and what it might be

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Bump in nostril

You mention that there is a bump in your right nostril but it looks like the photo is focusing on the left nostril. Photos are difficult to show internal abnormalities so I would recommend an in person evaluation with your surgeon.

Best of luck

David Reinstadler, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon