Can I make my lips bigger? (Photo)

I feel like my lips are too small for my face , my face is square and really big , big forehead . Big nose and big eyes so my lips dont look good in my face and they are almost the same sice as my nose and i look horrible when i talk , My teeth are big too , is there any way to make my lips large ?

Lip enhancement?

Hello, and thanks for your question and photo. You appear to be an excellent candidate for lip augmentation with a hyaluronic acid filler such as Volbella, Restylane Silk, or Juvederm. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with an expert. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.    

Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip Enhancement

You appear to be a great candidate for lip fillers. Please be conservative to start since you can always add more later on.  I love the new Volbella for a subtle natural looking result.  Best, Dr. Green

Can I Make My Lips Bigger?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  Sorry that you are having some concerns about your facial appearance.  Based on your photo, you appear to be an excellent candidate for lip augmentation with a hyaluronic acid based dermal filler such as Juvederm.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your concerns and your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes! 

Augmentation for fuller lips.

There are a lot of great options for augmenting your lips.   My favorite lip injectables are Juvederm Ultra Plus or Restylane-L for patients that desire more volume and Restylane Silk for patients that are only wanting hydration and definition to the lips.  

Hope this helps.

Grant Stevens, MD

I feel like my lips are too small for my face , my face is square. Can I make lips bigger?

Hi, I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants for over 30 years. From the photos, your lips are small. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. The lips can be augmented using a dermal filler or a Permalip implant.

Dermal filers and lip implants offer far more reliable volume to augment the lips than permanent fillers or fat injections that are also associated with increased, unwanted, side effects.

I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and/or facelifts for over 30 years.  From the photos, your cheeks are flat in the front, I suspect that the chin is weak (a profile view of the face would verify this), the nose has a nasal tip that is under rotated (makes the nose appear long) and a bit wide.  These combine to create a wide, oval shaped face.  

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Finally, a Closed Rhinoplasty can thin and refine the nasal tip (thin and slightly elevate the tip).

Hope this helps.

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your photo. You are a great candidate to accentuate and reshape your lips with hyaluronic acid fillers such as Restylane silk or Juvederm Ultra XC. This can improve the proportions between the upper and lower lips as well as the rest of your face. Facial slimming can also be done with Botox into your jawline to help slim the squareness of the jaws for a more V-line shape.  For the best treatment options, it is important to visit an expert for an in-person examination. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee MD, Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Lip augmentation - fillers or something lasting longer?

Thank you for your questions. You bring up many good points. You are correct in that fuller lips can make one's profile better if your nose is prominent. However, you do not provide pictures of your side profile. Lip augmentation is not a substitute for a rhinoplasty if the later is the main problem. 

You bring up that your teeth are too big! What you probably mean is that your teeth show too much when you smile. This can be improved non-surgically with neurotoxins like BoTox to a certain degree. The amount of "tooth show" can be improved by a upper lip augmentation.

Lips augmentation can be performed. Patients often start with fillers. If they like the additional fullness, they then have a more permanent solution. I have provided a reference for you. 

Michael Kulick, MD, DDS

Enlargening Lips with Fillers

Dear pearlv1:

Yes, one can achieve larger lips with fillers like Volbella.  It is imperative that you see an expert injector to ensure the proportions of your lips match your facial dimensions thus ensuring a natural looking result.  All the best.

Lip Augmentation with Fillers Such As Restylane/Silk, Juvederm Ultra/Voluma, or Fat -- How Much Filler To Lips For Results?

Lips can be improved with fillers, implants, and fat.  Please see an expert for improvement.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lip enhancement

Hi Pearlv1

If you are looking to enhance lip volume your best options, as other doctors have pointed out, is to try a syringe of filler to plump the lips for improved balance.  I would suggest a syringe of Volbella to begin, and more if you believe you need more volume. 

On the other hand, if you are looking to balance the width of your lips from corner to corner, that is a completely different situation.  If this is what you believe you need to balance your features, then it is best to seek consultation with a facial surgeon who also specializes in rhinoplasty to help determine the best way to balance the size of your lip opening with the rest of your facial features. 

Behrooz Torkian, MD