Liposonix vs Coolsculpting. Concerned about loose skin. Any suggestions?

51 yrold. 5 ft 139 lbs.1 child. I've read Coolsculpting can reduce unwanted fat by 25%. How much will liposonix reduce? 10 pounds away from my ideal weight. Could probably be best served with tummy tuck but don't want to go through recovery period. Which procedure between liposonix & Coolsculpting would best avoid lose skin with the knowledge that I understand there would be some loose skin?

Loose Skin

Loose Skin will not be corrected with any of the above treatments. We have clients who are well aware of this and still choose Liposuction and in some cases Cool Sculpting but they are well educated on what they may expect. Hopefully you have a practice that has a great set of before and after pictures to show you what that may look like, that is how we teach our clients what to expect. Best of Luck. 

Thank you for your question. I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. This way, you can explain your concerns, learn more about the procedures, and determine what works best for you. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Loose skin

Without photos, it is hard to tell.  I would tell you to meet with a plastic surgeon to discuss what your expectations are if surgery or Coolsculpting would be best for you.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Coolsculpting is great

Neither device will improve skin laxity, they both only reduce the fat. We have had different body contouring devices over the years, and Coolsculpt is far superior to anything else we have had. 
Andrew Campbell, M.D.Quintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting With Loose Skin

CoolSculpting will not make your loose skin any worse, however, it will not significantly tighten it either. You would need an in-person consultation and evaluation to determine whether the treatment would be appropriate for you. As far as non-surgical fat reduction treatments go, in my opinion, CoolSculpting is the best. Hope this helps.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Liposonix vs CoolSculpting and Skin Laxity

Without photos it is impossible to give you the best opinion.  I suggest seeing an expert who uses and has all of the noninvasive the devices.  Laxity needs surgery or external heating devices or thermiRF. Best, Dr. Emer

Liposonix vs Coolsculpting

Thanks for your question.  When thinking about noninvasive fat reduction, your skin envelope will likely react similarly to any of the different modalities.  CoolSculpting remains the gold standard for noninvasive fat reduction because of its proven results.  I don't have experience with Liposonix personally but I have been told that the results with CoolSculpting are superior, and we have been very successful with our CoolSculpting practice.Be sure to visit an experienced surgeon when thinking about your treatment- you want to be sure that you understand what things will look like if you have extra skin, and optimally you should see a plastic surgeon who, if you are unhappy with the skin excess later, will be able to take care of that with surgery as needed.Best wishes,Dr. L