Should I get lipo? (Photo)

Mid 30's, no kids. I'm 130 lbs, 5'7" with slender arms and legs. I was down to 113 lbs, my dr told me I was underweight, and at the same time, people asked if I was pregnant. my My personal trainer said there's nothing I can do about my abdomen and flanks, that it's my genetics. My waist is a size large (32 inches) , the rest of my body is xs.

Liposuction

Thank you for your photos. If your examination is consistent with your photographs, you are likely a candidate for liposuction. Liposuction is a great choice for patients who are looking to tackle the area persistent to diet and exercise including the bra area, flanks, and lower abdomen. Using additional liposuction technology such as laser-assisted liposuction can help give you additional skin tightening effects . It is best to have an in-office examination to determine the best, safest, and most effective treatment plan for your body. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery. 

Beverly Hills Physician

Liposuction Candidate

Hello, thanks for sending your pictures and for your inquiry, I believe that you are a great candidate for a liposuction and if you want you might have all that fat extracted, grafted into your buttocks and probably hips to give you a tiny waist and an hourglass shape figure. 

Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Should I get lipo? (Photo)

Liposuction is an excellent body contouring option. From your photos you would likely benefit. I recommend finding a board certified plastic surgeon in your area that you trust and go over the best options for you. There are many options to improve your body shape and contour. Good Luck!

Jordan P. Farkas, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Should I get lipo?

The only way to accurately answer your question is to see you in a face-to-face setting and determine the thickness of subcutaneous fat that is present and could be removed by liposuction.  Fat inside your abdominal cavity may be causing some of the protrusion possibly even all of it and requires diet and exercise.  Meet with an ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon to get accurate advice and to assist you in planning.   You might also find some interesting information in the video I have linked above.  Best wishes,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Excellent candidate for liposuction

Based on what you describe you appear to be an excellent candidate for liposuction.

This is especially true since you have not had any pregnancies.

The only other potential other issue could be excessive amounts of intra-abdominal fat we should not be cured by liposuction.

Depending on how thick your subcutaneous fat layers are what determine how much of an improvement you could get from liposuction.

I suggest consulting with several board-certified plastic surgeon who have expertise with liposuction.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Liposuction for lower tummy bulge

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• Your photos are very helpful.
  • It doesn't look as though your problem is fat - and you certainly are very slim.
  • It is much more likely that you have a congenital diastasis (widening) of the rectus abdominus muscle.
  • That is why you look pregnant - because widening of this muscle happens with pregnancy.
  • See a plastic surgeon for an exam - if s/he doesn't find a diastasis, get a second opinion. 
  • This condition is very uncommon but does occur and is typically seen in women like you, no children, thin but a pregnancy-like lower tummy bulge. 
  • Liposuction will not correct this condition - only surgery but results tend to be excellent.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Go for amazing results with VASER Hi Def, ThermiRF, ultrasound, fat grafting

You look like you would be a great candidate for liposuction. I recommend VASER HI DEF with ThermiRF, ultrasound and fat grafting to get the most fat removal, skin tightening, and contouring. HD contouring is much more complex, defining and can give the best in skin tightening, cellulite reduction, body shaping, and fat reduction.  I suggest a consult with a hi-def physique liposuction expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Lipo...YES or NO??

Hi there!

You're a great candidate for liposuction because you are young, appear to have good quality skin and most importantly, have a limited area of excess fullness:  abdomen and, I believe, posterior flanks/hips.

The abdomen, hips and thighs are the most common areas that women hold weight.  However, as you know, not every woman has the "pear" shape.  So, there is a good chance that your body type is part of your unique genetics.

Although you didn't include a rear photo, it appears that your excess tracks around the hips to the rear area.  Treating the posterior hips (as well as the abdomen) does a very nice job of accentuating the waist line and balancing proportion.  I can't make an assumption about this but it is something for you to evaluate.

Liposuction is a great choice for you!

In good health,

Ellen Mahony, MD

Ellen A. Mahony, MD
Westport Plastic Surgeon