Lipo or tummy tuck? (photos)

Hello I'm a mother of two who Would like to know if Lipo would do the job for me to get a flat tummy or would a tummy tuck be best , I would really want a defined waist with no tummy .

Liposuction vs. Tummy Tuck

Based on the photos you would look better with a tummy tuck. I can see stretch marks on your tummy and these are a sign that you have poor skin elasticity and will not look good after liposuction alone. Getting a flat tummy may also require some weight loss as neither a tummy tuck or liposuction can treat intra-abdominal fat. An in-person consultation is required to fully evaluate you and come up with the best surgical plan to suit your goals. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon to learn about your options and good luck!

Draper Plastic Surgeon

The Answer For a Defined Waist

Thank you for your photos. The fullness of your stomach and the pattern of your stretch marks suggest that a procedure to remove excess skin and tissues would give you the best contours, likely a full tummy tuck over a mini tummy tuck. In a full tummy tuck, repair of any weakness of your stomach muscles can be performed at the same time, which will further flatten your stomach. Liposuction of the sides and back, all the way up to your bra line can be performed at the same time to give you more of an hourglass figure to further define your waist.
I recommend that you see an experienced plastic surgeon to help you achieve the look you want and to confirm the best combination of procedures to get it. They should have plenty of before and after photos for you to review. This will help ensure that you will be happy with your results

Lipo or tummy tuck

From your photos, although liposuction of your upper and lower abdomen will improve your contour, you definitely are a candidate for a tummy tuck which would be ideal.

Lipo or tummy tuck

I think the liposuction will thin your abdomen and hip area out to some degree. I do not think the tummy tuck is  worth it as you do not have a large amount of skin excess. I do think your flat tummy will be limited by the amount of fat you have below the muscles, inside of your abdomen though. That hold whether you do liposuction or a tummy tuck.

Julio Garcia, MD

Tummy tuck VS Lipo alone

Hello '9214', thanks for your question.  Based on your photos, you would benefit more from a full or mini tummy tuck procedure.  Although you do have excess fat, I see a protuberance of your abdominal wall which after 2 childbirths is likely due to a weakened abdominal wall called diastasis recti.  The best option for you would not only be to liposuction some of the excess fat, but to tighten up the muscles and abdominal wall and remove the excess skin with a tummy tuck procedure.  Be sure you seek consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon and let me know if you would like to come in for an evaluation at our office in Newport Beach!

Tummy tuck vs lipo

Based on your photos alone, it appears you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction of your flanks (love handles). Watch this brief video for more information.

William Bruno, MD

Lateral Tension Abdominoplasty with Liposuction

Thank you for your question and for posting pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for a lateral tension abdominoplasty tummy tuck. This procedure will reattach the muscles that loosen during pregnancy and can't be addressed with only diet and exercise. The loose skin will also be removed. I often perform liposuction along side this procedure to help patients get a flat tummy and contoured waistline. You will need to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendatins. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck/Liposuction Candidate

From the photos and the description you will benefit from both tummy tuck and liposuction together at the same time.  This will give you the best contouring results.

Make sure you have a thorough consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who has extensive experience in this procedure. Check her/his experience, credentials, reviews, before and after photos, and have a quality consultation.

It is preferred for your surgeon to be member of "American Society of Plastic Surgeons" and ideally member of "American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery". This means they have been evaluated by the society and recognized that the focus of their practice is high volume and quality, honest aesthetic plastic surgery and they adhere to a code of ethics.

Payam Jarrah-Nejad, MD

Tummy tuck with liposuction

Thank you for the question. You would have the nicest result with a tummy tuck with liposuction contouring of your flanks. Make sure to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. You should also seek consultation for fitness and diet to maintain your best health and weight before and after the surgery.

Wesley G. Schooler, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

You are a good candidate for circumferential liposuction and a tummy tuck too. This will give you the best results, with tightening of the muscle wall and skin, as well as defatting your waist, hips and abdomen. Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that perform body contouring procedures. Insist on a drainless tummy tuck with progressive tension sutures.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS