Will Lipo be a bad decision because i have stretch marks under my arms near my armpit? (photos)

I want lipo in my arms, im 25 but im scared the elasticity of my skin near my armpit is not good. Iv read a lot of reviews saying they had lipo and for the first 6 months it looked great then they ended u with bat arms and bumpy arms. However,these women were a lot older. I want thin arms but really worried the consequences arent worth it. Or should weight lifting be my best solution?

Liposuction for thin arms?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • Based on the photos, you do not appear to have a lot of fat -
  • And a small cannula liposuction may work very well.
  • But you do need an examination -
  • If the skin is loose in the arm pit, then it will need to be removed.
  • If you lift weights to bulk up your arms, it may help.
  • You already look fit and toned thought - and bulking up too much, unless you can maintain it, will leave loose skin when you stop exercising.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Lipo for arms

Good morning and thank you for your question and photos. A healthy diet mixed with the right amount of muscle toning is the best and most effective natural option to treat this. It's not a "quick fix" but the longer it takes the longer your results will last. However, having said that, we all have problem areas that despite our efforts and good intentions, there are still areas that aren't quite how we want them to look. I recommend you consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon who had extensive experience with the liposuction procedure. At that consultation, you will be able to discuss realistic options available to you. Some surgeons offer liposuction combined with laser for skin tightening. Best of luck to you!

Michael K. Obeng, MD, FACS

Arm Liposuction

Although stretch marks are indicative of impaired elasticity, your arms should not get loose or lumpy, but would only benefit from liposuction performed by a ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeon expert in body contouring.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Arm Contouring / Skin Laxity -- VASER, ThermiRF, Venus Legacy, Thermage, Ultherapy, Exilis Ultra

I  suggest a 4D HI DEFINITION contouring specialist if you want fat removal, contouring and skin tightening. An in person consult is needed to determine what is best based on your body type and skin type. VASER can sculpt and contour the body and results can be seen immediately. Excess skin can be removed during the procedure, or improved with ThermiRF or other devices that tighten skin. Best, Dr. Emer

Getting great results from arm Lipo

The best candidates for arm liposuction have tight skin and thick layers of fat. This is basically true for liposuction in general.

Based on your pictures your skin looks relatively good so you should have it for really good result.

With your arms and in stretched out position you should not expect the skin to contract higher than it is currently but at the same time it will probably not get worse either.

Most of the results will probably be more noticeable when you have your arm in the down position in which case the gravity does not cause a hanging effect on the skin.
We can to spend most of her hours with our arms in the down position not walking around holding our arms up.

Still most people were self-conscious of their arms tend to view them in and out right position.

This is not as scenario or a question that has a yes or no answer but rather it's a matter of degree.

This really requires an honest in person discussion.

Educating patients to what's achievable it an honest manner followed by good surgical technique generally leads to Overo high patient satisfaction.

I suggest having several in person consultations.
Arm liposuction can be difficult to appreciate and photographs.

The reason for this is almost all before and after pictures are taken with the arms and the stretched out position. Even if results are impressive the skin in this anatomic position can hide results. Consult with several board-certified plastic surgeon who have expertise in liposuction in your area.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Liposuction of arms versus lift

Liposuction results are based on technique and amount of fat removed and depth of fat removal.  So it is all operator dependant.  Lifting results in scar that is permanent and could be thick and unsightly.   You don't seem to be a good candidate for lift however as you state having stretch mark you may have lower elasticity of skin and would have improvement with expert liposuction technique and adequate and precision removal to get results that you want.

Afshin Farzadmehr, MD