Do I need a lip lift?

Do I have what is considered a "long top lip"? I got lip injections twice and I feel like I still can't see my top lip.

Is a lip lift needed?

Thank you for asking about your lip lift.

An exam would be needed with measurements.
Your photo doesn't suggest a very long upper lip - but photos can be deceiving.
Measure your upper lip in millimeters.
If it is 11 mm (1.1 centimeters) - it is normal length.
If it is 20 mm (2 centimeters) - it is probably too long.
In between - shortening can be done but only a little.
A lip is never shortened less than 1.1. m m- and usually only by 24% of it existing length.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Lip Lift

Based on your photo it does not appear that you need a lip lift.  Consult with a board certified Plastic Surgeon for an exam to confirm.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Do I need a Lip Lift

No, I do not think you need a lip lift.  I think you may need more filler if you want more red lip show.  My opinion is that your lips look good right and I personally would tell you they look perfect.  If  you prefer have more red show, you can do that with more filler.

I wouldn't recommend a lip lift

kingcc: while a lip lift does make a lip fuller, it also shortens the upper lip (distance from between your lips to the base of your nose).  You are young, and if you have a lip lift I think your upper lip will look too other words, you don't have a long upper lip right now, it is about right (distance from nasal base to between lips should be roughly half the distance from between the lips to the bottom of the chin). 

I would stick with filler...gradually add a little bit more over time to achieve a natural look and the volume you desire.  Best of luck. 

Garrett Griffin, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon