Do any surgeons perform this particular lip lift technique where a portion of the scar is hidden inside the nostrils? (Photo)

Do any surgeons perform this particular lip lift technique where a portion of the scar is hidden inside the nostrils? Why is this method not as popular as the traditional bull-horn technique which so many doctors seem to prefer?

Lip lift

to be honest with you, if you were to ask most facial plastic surgeons, they would tell you that this is their preferred way of making the incisions.  It heals well, leaves incisions that are barely noticeable, and provides just as great a result as the full bull-horn incision.  I suggest you seek consultation with a few PS's, see whom you feel comfortable with, and go from there.  Best of luck.

Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Lift

Thank you for your question. Surgeons prefer hiding lip lift incisions underneath the nostrils. Facial plastic surgery is aimed at hiding all incisions and scars for the best aesthetic result. Always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip lift

This is actually the preferred technique for a lip lift. I think the scars from a bullhorn incisions are far less aesthetically pleasing. The incisions under the nostrils on the other hand heal exceptionally well. 

Ravi Dahiya, MD
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Lift

The technique is well published in the plastic Surgery literature. I am sure you can find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can perform that procedure