Any suggestions for Lip Augmentation? (photos)

As you can see, my upper lip isn't as long as my bottom. I've been told that theres nothing there too make bigger so lip injections wouldn't work.. Just looking for opinions ad what i could do just for my upper lip to match my bottom lip and then maybe for both to even be fuller..

Fillers to correct disproportionate lips

Disproportion between the upper and lower lips is a common finding that becomes more accentuated as time goes on due to the sometimes variable rates of volume loss in these areas. Volume replacement with injectable fillers can often correct this asymmetry if placed skillfully and accurately. Your options include Juvederm, Restylane Silk, and Belotero and each have their pros and cons. For this type of procedure, it’s important to see an experienced expert injector to get the best results. Good luck!

San Diego Dermatologist

Fillers

You should start out with maybe 1cc and go from there. You do not want to overdo too much filler in the lips. It also depends on the look you are going for too. You can always add more filler to the lips if needed. Just remember if you are going to do your lips and you do not want to bruise you should not take any aspirins or anything that will thin the blood since brusing can occur

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Suggestion for Lip Augmentation

Thank you for sending in a photo with your question.  You have a great shape to your lips.  Although the upper lip should be smaller than the lower, yours is on the small side compared to your lower lip.  Some filler in the upper will bring more of a balanced look to your lips.  Make sure you see an expert injector.  Good luck!

Lip Augmentation

You have a very pretty shape to your lips. Juvederm would be a good product for your lips and shape.  Best, Dr. Green

Any suggestions for Lip Augmentation?

I appreciate your question.

Your upper lip can be enhanced with filler by elongating the vermillion border laterally on both sides.  I would recommend restylane silk.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Upper lip

The lower lip should be larger than the upper lip, about 1/3 larger.  The upper lip can be enlarged with careful injections.  Also, permanent silicone implants are available for lip enhancement along the border of both upper and lower lips.

Malcolm D. Paul, MD

Fuller Lips

Dear Maribeth

Who ever told you there was nothing that could be done was absolutely wrong. You can inject synthetically manufactured injectables. For your needs I would recommend either "Restylane Silk" or "Juvederm". Swelling after the procedure will be typically a few days at most and the result will last 6 to 12 months before needing re-injection. The other option would be using your own natural fat transfer to your lips. There will be more swelling that will last longer immediately after the procedurebut the results will last for many years even decades.

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip augmentation

As are most things in plastic surgery, improving your lip appearance is about restoring balance. Lips should be about 40% upper lip to 60% lower lip in an ideal setting. In your picture, your lower lip looks much more full than the upper lip, especially in the lateral (side) aspects of the upper lip.

Improving your lip appearance, in my opinion, would concentrate on restoring some up the upper lips lateral fullness and leaving the bottom lip just as it is. Often this is done with a filler such as Juvederm.

The overall shape of your lips is appealing however and I would balance the lips while avoiding making them too full.

Joel M. Stewart, Jr., MD
Newnan Plastic Surgeon