Can an over lifted subperiosteal midface lift be successfully revised ?

I had a subperiosteal midfacelift almost a year ago(11 months). The doctor also recommended fat transplants under the eyes. My eyes are still signicantly distorted, my smile is not the same, and my face looks distorted. This has been devastating to me and I fear that I never will look like my old self again. Can ANYTHING be done successfully, without making me look worse to restore my old eyes and cheeks.

Revision for subperiosteal midface lift?

A revision can be done but I would need to examine your face to tell you the pros and cons of various approaches. See a very experienced midface lift surgeon for the best results and no further problems.

Mid-face lift....can it be reversed?

Thank you for asking about your mid-face lift.

• I am so sorry you are going through this.
  • The answer is probably yes - but you need an examination.
  • I suggest you start with your original surgery.
  • Then  get a second opinion.
  • It will help if you bring copies of your pre-op photos and the operative report.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Can an over lifted subperiosteal midface lift be successfully revised? (Photo)

Correcting a previous procedure can be difficult and often is dependent on the amount and integrity of the remaining tissue. More surgery means more scarring and sometimes the potential risk vs benefit may not make it worth it. I would proceed with caution and seek several opinions by experienced facelift surgeons.

#facelift #cosmeticsurgery #recovery #scars #beauty

Dear Chi.girl1972

Thank you for your questions and photos!  It is very difficult to evaluate your facial shape and animation - as well as the changes from your preop photos, without an in person consult.  In my opinion, things may settle over the next 6 months. Please follow up with your surgeon.

With warm Regards

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

Revision have a midface trans conjunctival lift are very difficult.

The operation you had interrupts the junction between the lower lid in the cheek. Lower lid now position is an unwanted aesthetic side effect. Revision can be extremely difficult. Make certain you visit with someone who is experienced. Also it's probably a bit too early to embark on this.

Difficult to ascertain

Your pictures are inconsistent and one view actually seems to show improvement and actually appears like the surgery achieved some results. Because you are devastated by the result, it would be best to get an in person consultation with another physician and bring your before and after photos and operative notes.

Brian K. Machida, MD, FACS
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revising Over Lifted Subperiosteal Mid-Face Lift

Thank you for multiple pictures but I find them inconsistent. You need a personal examination to determine the cause of your problem. I'd also ask if anything was done to your upper lids during this surgery? 

11 months s/p subperiosteal midfacelift

Thank you for your question and pictures.  I understand your concerns and I'm sorry you are having problems after surgery.  Have you asked your previous surgeon these questions?  If you haven't, you should ask him/her.  If you have and you are not satisfied, I recommend you seek a 2nd opinion from other surgeons.  Obtain a copy of your records and photos and visit a few other surgeons.  Best of luck!

Elbert T. Cheng, MD
San Jose Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the photos and the question and the simple answer is YES so see some experts in your area and be evaluated in person.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Can an over lifted subperiosteal midface lift be successfully revised?

Thank you for your question. Speak with your surgeon regarding the results of your procedure and what it is exactly you are unhappy with. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD