Do I need a lift? To correct asymmetrical nipple. (Photo)

My right nipple seems to be much lower than my left nipple also much larger. Will I need a lift? Any recommendations? I previously had a BA. Before that my nipples were always like this.

Do I need a lift? To correct asymmetrical nipple.

The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissuefor the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support!!

Thank you for your question.  An areola reduction on the side with the larger areola, and a smaller implant and small skin resection on the left lower side may be her best option.  Excess skin can be resected along the inframammary crease on the left but the nipple position should be left alone.

Implant Malposition

It is unlikely you need a lift to correct nipple asymmetry. What you need is what was discussed in your last post: implant pocket adjustment to correct implant position.  This will fix nipple position. 
As was said in your last post, please visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons expert in revision breast augmentation.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast Lift Resolves Asymmetry

A mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height.

Breasts are also often asymmetric. They can be lifted differently. One side can be reduced or the breasts can have different size implants or different amounts of fat added to improve symmetry.

Your best option is to search local surgeons and schedule consultations for those who will help you meet the surgery results yo are looking for in regard to symmetry, and overall results. It is your choice in the end, so compare all the procedure and price options together from consultations and make your best decision.

Thank you for your question.  A breast lift (mastopexy) can be performed to correct breast asymmetry including correction of nipple position.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Lift to correct asymmetrical nipple?

Hello ruby_, hope all is well and that you are having a great start to your weekend, thank you for the question and picture.

A note about symmetry: If only one breast is affected, it alone may be reconstructed. In addition, a breast lift, breast reduction or breast augmentation may be recommended for the opposite breast to improve symmetry of the size and position of both breasts.Most women have slightly different-sized (asymmetrical) breasts. In cases where the difference in size is pronounced, correction can be achieved. There are several ways to go about a correction for asymmetrical breasts:
1- Augment (enlarge) the smaller breast to look like the larger one.
2- Reduce the size of the larger breast to match the smaller one.
3- Breast augmentation and breast reduction are usually performed when there is significant difference in the size and shape of the breast.
4- Nipple reductions or revisions can also be done to make them more symmetrical.
5- Fat transfer to breast to correct asymmetry is gaining popularity. Fat is removed from one part of the body with liposuction and then transferred to the breasts.

I recommend that you seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so that a full evaluation of the breast and addressing your desire results will be made to determine the most appropriate procedure. 

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

A periareolar Benelli mastopexy or a "limited" uplift will raise your right nipple areolar to a closer position to match the opposite side and also diminish its diameter. This would provide a reasonable improvement but keep in mind that there are many asymmetries present that will not be corrected by this procedure. These are acceptable as long as you do not expect perfect symmetry. I do believe however that the minor lift on the right side will improve your symmetry and would be worth considering.

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

From your photos the left breast is fuller and the inferior breast fold is lower.  What you may benefit from is lifting of the fold.  If the fold is lower on one breast the nipple appears higher relative to the other breast. An in office consultation with measurements is essential. Regards.

Consider a breast lift of the right side. A round block Benelli lift would be appropriate. Seek your plastic surgeon for evaluation.

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS