What is the latest an inverted v deformity can show up?

Is there a safe time to know that an inverted v deformity won't show up after rhinoplasty

Inverted V Deformity

Sadly, no, there is not definitive timeline to determine if the inverted v deformity will show. For now, I wouldn't worry. Be patient and kind to yourself as your body heals from surgery and your swelling subsides. Also, discuss your fears with your surgeon since he or she knows your case intimately. We are here to help you throughout your recovery process so don't feel self conscious about reaching out. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

How Long after Rhinoplasty can an Inverted V Deformity Show Up

There is no absolute time frame for  this deformity to show up because there are too many variables such as what was done during your operation and how much swelling did you have after the surgery. I'm sorry but you'll have to be patient as healing progresses.

Inverted V Deformity

An inverted V deformity is the result of a lack of support in the middle vault of the nose. Weakness in this area allows the lower border of the nasal bones to be visible and an inverted V appearance is perceived. This deformity usually takes time to develop and is best seen once swelling has subsided and the "upper lateral cartilage" has settled into it's new position. This deformity can be prevented by supporting the middle vault with either "spreader grafts" or "spreader flaps."

Robert Morin, MD, FACS