Is LaserLipo limited on amount of fat that it can suction out during procedure compared to tumescent/traditional lipo??

Is LaserLipo/SmartLipo limited on the amount of fact if can suction out during the procedure, particulalry in comparison to tumescent/traditional lip?

Safety

Thanks for the question, I actually wrote the 2017 American Society of Plastic Surgery paper on liposuction and I would agree 5L should not be exceeded. Also, I would suggest seeing a Plastic Surgeon who performs many of these procedures and understands the safety nuances and the physiologic changes that happen to the body

Max amount of fat removal with Laser Lipo

Anything over 5 liters is considered mega liposuction and is associated with higher risks. Therefore most physician adhere to the guidelines which recommend to remove less than 5 liters regardless of the type of liposuction, especially in an outpatient setting.

Renata Wix-Harris, MD
Livingston Physician

Liposuction, VASER Hi Definition Body Contouring, SmartLipo/Laser Liposuction

The guidelines limit most fat extraction to 5L or less for safety regardless of the type of liposuction.  Best, Dr. Emer.