Is it safe to do Kybella on top of fresh Dysport? (Photo)

I had dysport in the front of my neck today to reduce muscle lines and lift and was told about Kybella. I am going to have my first Kybella treatment tomorrow AM. Will the swelling effect the Dysport? Should I wait to do the Kybella?

Kybella and neuromodulators

Thank you for your question Jeastcliff. I understand your concern. Kybella is the first and thus-far only FDA-approved non-surgical injectable treatment for the double chin. There are no studies on the safety and efficacy of Kybella when performed with neuromodulators such as Dysport or Botox. However it is clear that swelling can move neuromodulators and lead to side effects if the neuromodulator reaches nearby muscles which were not intended to be treated. Kybella does lead to significant swelling. For my patients I would recommend waiting 2 weeks after a Botox treatment in the neck before having a Kybella treatment.

Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Kybella and neuromodulators

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Wait between Dysport and Kybella injections

I think it would be prudent to wait at least 2 weeks until your Dysport injections have taken effect before trying Kybella. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kybella right after dysport to the neck? Yes but it might be smart to wait a little

You should be able to do Kybella the next day after dysport.  Having said that, one of the problems related to placing dysport in the neck may be an effect on the muscles, and a possible but rare problem with Kybella may be an effect on your swallowing.  It may be prudent to wait until the dysport has fully taken effect (7-10 days) so that any problems with one are not confused with a problem from the other.

Kybella and Dysport

Thank you for your question.  I would wait until you feel the full effects of the Dysport has taken place in the neck region before using Kybella in the same area.  This would be about 7-10 days.

Kybella and Dysport

Dysport and Kybella

I would definitely wait a few days before having Kybella after Dysport.  Kybella can give a great deal of swelling after the injections and you want to make sure that the results of the Botox/Dysport are the best possible before injecting Kybella.  Best, Dr. Green

Dysport and Kybella

Kybella -- FDA approved for Submental Fat, Non Surgical Option But Still New -- AND Dysport

The kyeblla is injected at a different level than the dysport. there is no reason why you cannot do both.  You are more a candidate for VASER/ThermiRF if you want a full neck contour.  Best, Dr. Emer.