Kybella chin injections for double chin?

Am 32 years old weigh 190 don't look like it but i weigh that much ,I wanna try the Kybella double chin injections ,should I loose weight first or just get the injections will I be a candidate I use to weight 120 10 years ago ,but gain weight after two pregnancy and as I got older .

Kybella® fat melting injections are perfect for patients with extra neck fat. As this is a new technique, please consult a board certified dermatologist for a consultation.

Miami Dermatologist

Kybella vs Coolmini vs Liposuction

Fantastic question! Good to know all of your options.
There are multiple factors that go into answering this question...
If there is a lot of fat, liposuction is your best bet. This can be done in-office under local anesthesia.
If surgery is not something you are comfortable with, Coolsculpting would be your best bet financially... as long as the Coolsculpting applicator fits and you are okay with more time to see full results (than liposuction). If your jaw is too small or the amount of fat too little, the CoolMini may not fit.
Lastly, if you have a small amount of fat and the CoolMini applicator doesn't fit your face, I would go with Kybella. There is a significant recovery period with Kybella and the product is not cheap. That is why I reserve it for people with a small amount of submental fat.
My best,
Dr. Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Kybella for double chin

Thanks for the question.  The best answer is that is it always advisable to lose weight before a procedure in order to get the best results.  It would be necessary to see pictures of your face and neck to determine if Kybella would be a good procedure for you as an individual.  Especially in the neck and face, significant weight loss after tightening procedures can recreate the appearance of wrinkles and hanging skin.  I would recommend a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate your concerns along with your weight loss goals to come up with a good plan.  Best of luck!

Kybella, Double Chin Weight Loss

• Kybella treatments like any aesthetic treatment of the face and neck are best performed after weight loss.  Kybella does not significantly tighten skin.  If the neck skin gets loose after weight loss you may require another procedure, liposuction, smart lipo or precision tx. 

• Please use this information when consulting in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. They will be most capable of advising what is best for you.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Kybella is used to treat moderate to severe submental fat. It is ideal to be at a stable weight prior to treatment. A thorough consultation and examination is recommended to determine if it is the best option for you.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment with Kybella.

Hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Kybella and overweight

Kybella is a great injection for reducing permanently the submental fat under the neck.  However, if you are 70 pounds overweight it may take so many treatments and be so cost prohibitive that you should really consider losing weight first.  In your situation, you may be a better candidate for the Cool-Mini by Zeltique in freezing this fat.   Best, Dr. Green

Thanks for your question. Kybella is used to improve the appearance of moderate to severe fat under the chin (submental fat). During consultation, the provider will determine if you are a good candidate for Kybella or not.

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS

Kybella for double chin

Kybella only works for subcutaneous fat, not subplatysmal fat or loose platysma muscle. If you had submental fullness at 120 lbs, Kybella is unlikely to be the entire solution. If you did not then by all means get back down to 120 if you can. My rule of thumb prior to procedures is to get to a weight that you can comfortably maintain then consult with a physician that is proficient in both Kybella injections and more invasive procedures like neck lift and chin liposuction.

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

Kybella & Weight Loss

Thank you for your question. I am a huge fan of Kybella having received it myself. Kybella injections will address the submental fullness due to submental fat, also known as double thin, and therefore may preclude your workout regimen aimed at neck fat. I suggest you consult a board certified physician who is also a specialist certified as a recipient of Kybella training. Keep in mind that SculpSure is a great procedure for addressing subcutaneous fat - the only FDA-approved treatment to melt fat, up to 25% at that!

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

I actually really like Kybella. It is important to choose the right candidate and to educate the patient about the process of treatment. It is important to have a consultation with an expert in liposuction and experience with Kybella. 
For treatment of a double chin, your weight does not matter as much. This is especially true if it is genetic. However, if you are planning on weight loss and that will take care of your double chin, you may want to consider this first. 

Jennifer Reichel, MD
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon