Kybella chin injections for double chin?

Am 32 years old weigh 190 don't look like it but i weigh that much ,I wanna try the Kybella double chin injections ,should I loose weight first or just get the injections will I be a candidate I use to weight 120 10 years ago ,but gain weight after two pregnancy and as I got older .

Kybella & Weight

It is always a good idea to be at a maintainable goal weight before getting any kind of cosmetic procedure. It will simply ensure the best results. But the key word there is maintainable. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Losing Weight Before Kybella

Losing weight before Kybella will give you the best results. However, if you have been trying to lose weight for awhile, getting rid of your double chin with Kybella will give you a boost in your appearance that may inspire you to ramp up your diet and exercise regimen. Consult with a board-certified dermatologist to find out if you are a good candidate for Kybella now or need to lose more weight.

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Kybella® fat melting injections are perfect for patients with extra neck fat. As this is a new technique, please consult a board certified dermatologist for a consultation.

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Kybella vs Coolmini vs Liposuction

Fantastic question! Good to know all of your options.
There are multiple factors that go into answering this question...
If there is a lot of fat, liposuction is your best bet. This can be done in-office under local anesthesia.
If surgery is not something you are comfortable with, Coolsculpting would be your best bet financially... as long as the Coolsculpting applicator fits and you are okay with more time to see full results (than liposuction). If your jaw is too small or the amount of fat too little, the CoolMini may not fit.
Lastly, if you have a small amount of fat and the CoolMini applicator doesn't fit your face, I would go with Kybella. There is a significant recovery period with Kybella and the product is not cheap. That is why I reserve it for people with a small amount of submental fat.
My best,
Dr. Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Kybella for double chin

Thanks for the question.  The best answer is that is it always advisable to lose weight before a procedure in order to get the best results.  It would be necessary to see pictures of your face and neck to determine if Kybella would be a good procedure for you as an individual.  Especially in the neck and face, significant weight loss after tightening procedures can recreate the appearance of wrinkles and hanging skin.  I would recommend a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate your concerns along with your weight loss goals to come up with a good plan.  Best of luck!

Josh Waltzman, MD, MBA
Long Beach Physician

Kybella, Double Chin Weight Loss

• Kybella treatments like any aesthetic treatment of the face and neck are best performed after weight loss.  Kybella does not significantly tighten skin.  If the neck skin gets loose after weight loss you may require another procedure, liposuction, smart lipo or precision tx. 

• Please use this information when consulting in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. They will be most capable of advising what is best for you.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Kybella

Kybella is used to treat moderate to severe submental fat. It is ideal to be at a stable weight prior to treatment. A thorough consultation and examination is recommended to determine if it is the best option for you.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment with Kybella.

Hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Kybella and overweight

Kybella is a great injection for reducing permanently the submental fat under the neck.  However, if you are 70 pounds overweight it may take so many treatments and be so cost prohibitive that you should really consider losing weight first.  In your situation, you may be a better candidate for the Cool-Mini by Zeltique in freezing this fat.   Best, Dr. Green

Kybella

Thanks for your question. Kybella is used to improve the appearance of moderate to severe fat under the chin (submental fat). During consultation, the provider will determine if you are a good candidate for Kybella or not.

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS

Kybella for double chin

Kybella only works for subcutaneous fat, not subplatysmal fat or loose platysma muscle. If you had submental fullness at 120 lbs, Kybella is unlikely to be the entire solution. If you did not then by all means get back down to 120 if you can. My rule of thumb prior to procedures is to get to a weight that you can comfortably maintain then consult with a physician that is proficient in both Kybella injections and more invasive procedures like neck lift and chin liposuction.

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon