What kind of surgery can I have if one of my eyes look larger than the other. (photo)

I noticed this when i was about 16. My eyes werent like this when i was a kid. As i got older i was embarrassed by it. I went to my doctor for a physical and asked and he said i needed cosmetic surgery. But i still need more information. Its so bad im so self conscious that I am now willing to scrape up thousands to have surgery. I would feel better once this is fixed.

Asymmetric Eyes

Hi lolabunny23. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. It looks as though you have upper eyelid ptsosis. Your right eye is droopier than the left. Luckily this can be corrected with minor surgery, and your health insurance may be able to cover depending on how severe your case is. I highly suggest going to a couple of consultations with experienced board-certified surgeons who can examine you in person. I wish you the best of luck!

Assymmetric eyes

Thank you for your photo. It appears that you have a droopy right upper eyelid. Eyelid ptosis (droop) can be corrected by a surgery to tighten the muscle that opens your eyelid so that the eyelid is more symmetric to the opposite eye. It is best to be examined in-person to determine if there are any additional medical or anatomyical causes to your assymmetry that would require treatment. Hope this helps!!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

You need an opthalmic surgeon

It seems like you have a lazy eye.  This is something you need to be evaluated by a plastic or opthalmic surgeon who performs these types of surgeries.  You should also note that it is very difficult to impossible to reach symmetry with surgery, however, you can improve on the asymmetry.

Andre Aboolian, MD

Eyelid ptosis

It appears that you have ptosis (droopy eyelid) in your right eye.  You should see an Oculoplastic surgeon to help correct this problem through a minor surgery. Best of luck,

Asymmetric eyes, see oculoplastic specialist

There are different reasons for eye size asymmetry. The treatment depends on the cause. It is difficult to tell from the photo what is going on exactly. Best to see an oculoplastic specialist for in person consultation. See following video too.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

You have severe upper eyelid ptosis.

A personal consultation will determine the type of upper eyelid ptosis surgery that you need.  Depending on the nature of your health insurance, this issue may be covered by your health insurance.  I recommend getting assessed by fellowship trained oculoplastic surgeons who accept your health insurance.  If you have no health insurance, if you are a Los Angeles County resident, you could seek care at Los Angeles County-Harbor UCLA Medical Center in Torrance, CA where they will provide you care regardless of your ability to pay.  There is an ophthalmology service there with oculoplastic surgeons.