What kind did you get; saline, silicone? What cc, and did you have drain tubes?

Saline or Silcone Implants & the Costs

Each implant have their benefits. #SalineImplants is made with a #silicone outer shell that is filled with saline water during the surgery. It is filled with sterile saline (salt-water). Since saline is like normal body fluid, it is safe and easily absorbed if the implants were to leakThe #implant shell is ordered in a specified size which can be filled to a minimum or maximum fill amount. This allows the plastic surgeon some flexibility with sizing during surgery. Often times a woman has breasts which vary slightly in size. If one breast is slightly smaller than the other, each implant can be filled to a different amount to create better symmetry. Saline tends to be a little less natural feeling than silicone, but it can also create a more dramatic upper breast appearance, which some women prefer. A new saline breast implants option called Ideal Implant™ was recently FDA approved and is now being offered at the Pacific Center for Plastic Surgery Newport Beach. The #IdealImplant was created for women who are not comfortable having silicone implants in their body, but desire a more natural feeling implant than traditional saline implants on the market. The unique structure of the Ideal Implant allows for a similar look and feel as silicone with the safety of saline.

#SiliconeImplants are made with a silicone outer shell and are filled with a gummy-bear consistency silicone on the inside. More women tend to choose silicone breast implants due to the natural feel and appearance. Silicone implants are now made of a cohesive gel which are anti-leak even when cut. Look and feel like natural breasts due to the cohesive silicone gel material. New generation silicone gel implants are far superior than those used in the past and have a proven track record of safety. Silicone implants have gone through more testing than any other medical device and are the preferred choice for over the muscle implant placement.
However, the FDA recommends women have periodic MRI testing to ensure their silicone implants are free from any defects. With both implant types there are choices when it comes to size, shape, and profile. This will be discussed in full detail at your breast augmentation consultation.

Breast #augmentation with #breast implants is performed under general anesthesia by a board-certified anesthesiologist. Also, our procedures are performed at one of our preferred outpatient surgery centers which are accredited, meeting the highest standard of patient safety and care.

The #costs of a #BreastAugmentation depends on several factors. Such as geographic location, the skill and experience of the surgeon, and operating room and anesthesia fees. Also, different breast implants may have different costs. The approximate costs can be found here on the Real Self website, Surgery.org, or PlasticSurgery.org.
Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Implant selection should be entirely up to you

after being fully informed of what is out there by your surgeon.  We all have our preferences for various reasons and size is a completely personal decision as to what you want to look like.  In my practice, drains are used only with shaped textured implants and I do not use round textured implants as I simply cannot appreciate any place in my practice for them.

Curtis Wong, MD

You've posted this to the doctor question section.  If this helps here's some general information that you would need to verify during your face to face consultation with a Bd Certified (ABPS) plastic surgeon.

Most patients these days choose cohesive silicone gel implants.  My preference is to use round smooth silicone implants.  Average size is between 280 and 360 ccs in my practice but the size is best slected during the procedure through the use of "sizers" when the surgeon can match the proper volume to the skin and breast tissue that you have.  This allows a more precise method of seeing your actual result rather than preselecting an implant size based on how something looks inside of a bra.

Most but not all surgeons do not use drains at the time of a breast augmentation.  I never have.

Good luck.

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Breast implants

Surgeon really differ in their preference for saline or silicone.  I think saline are less likely to get hard from capsules and overall are more hassle free.  Most surgeons don't use drains for simple breast implants.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD