Is there any kind of procedure that will fade the color of (relatively) new surgical scars?

I want breast lift and tummy tuck procedures but I struggle with the thought of having red, abrasive looking scars for a long period of time. Is there anything that can be done to fade them quicker than they would naturally? Thanks

Scar on Breast -- Laser, Microneedling, Medical Tattooing

I suggest using silicone based scar gels until the scar has healed. Lasers, medical tattooing and combination treatments can be used to improve scarring. I suggest you see an expert in lasers and scars. Best, Dr. Emer

Fractional and Pulsed Dye Lasers for New Scars

Hi A. We use fractional lasers to improve the texture of newer scars and pulsed dye lasers to remove the redness.  You can see examples of before and after photos for these types of treatments at the link below.  

Harold J. Kaplan, MD