What kind of lip enhancement would be best for me? (Photo)

I have very thin lips and want to make them fuller without making them too full. I don't want my lips to look too unnatural / too big for my face, nor do I want them to be too heavy that it impedes my speech.

Lip enhancement

It sounds like you have reasonable expectations - I would consider one of the Juvederm products, perhaps Volbella, which is one of the newer ones.  The treatment takes about 15 minutes, and there is basically no down time.  Check in with a good local provider and check out your options.

Redwood City Physician

Very thin lips and want to make them fuller without making them too full.

Hi, I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants for over 30 years. From the photos, your lips are quite thin as you mentioned. Following my beauty principles on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. The lips can be augmented using either a dermal filler or a Permalip implant for fuller, naturally looking lips as long as the proper proportions are maintained.

Hope this helps.

Volbella for Lip Enhancement

Dear rnowak3791:

Effective lip enhancement can be nicely achieved with HA fillers like Volbella.  Please see an expert injector for best results.

Praven Chetty, MD
Kelowna Physician

Lip augmentation

Thank you for your photo. You are a great candidate to accentuate and reshape your lips with hyaluronic acid fillers such as Restylane silk or Juvederm Ultra XC to improve the proportions between the upper and lower lips. I place the filler in different areas and depths in male patients to avoid a feminized unnatural look. It is important to keep the shape of your lips and bring them into the apporpriate proportion for your nose and chin.  For the best treatment options, it is important to visit an expert for an in-person examination. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee MD

Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Lip augmentation fillers or fat?

Permanent correction is done best with Fat. You may want a trial first with Juvederm which will last 9-12 months. See a very experienced injector who does not overdo lips!

Lip augmentation

Lip augmentation with a filler called juvederm Ultra Plus is my first choice. How full your lips become depend on how much filler has been injected. 

Arian Mowlavi, MD, FACS

Getting Lips You Love--Lip Augmentation with Fillers (Volbella, Restylane, Juvederm), implants or fat

These fillers, (Volbella, Restylane, Juvederm) are good to create a symmetrical and full lip. Implants or fat are alternative options. I recommend getting a formal evaluation with a facial sculpting expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Always start with fillers to enhance lips

I would always recommend starting with either restylane, belotero or juvederm to enhance the lips to see what size and shape you like. Later move to a more permanent fix once to know what you want.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

What kind of lip enhancement would be best for me?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  In order to meet the wishes you detailed in your narrative I would recommend incremental placement of a thinner hyaluronic acid dermal filler like Volbella.  This material does not swell as much as other fillers and achieves a natural, noticeable augmentation.  Hope this helps.

Conservative Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  Based on your photo, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a conservative lip augmentation with a small amount of a hyaluronic acid based dermal filler such as Juvederm.  Natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes! 

Christian N. Ford, MD
Cohasset Physician