Should I get a second Kenalog 10 injection for facial scar from injury? (photos)

After removing stitches, proper care, would closure, 2 months of applying silcon ointment 2x/day and silicon sheeting, 1 Kenalog 10 injection, the facial scar is less red, flatter, softer and looks better overall. It's been about 1 month since the 1st Kenalog 10 injection and there is no sign of skin atrophy or depigmentation. Should I get 1 more to soften the scar further and possibly relieve lip tension? I fear the 2nd will cause skin atrophy or depigmentation. Should I stop while I am ahead?

You need to stick with a treatment plan given to you by your doctor who has examined you.

You need to stick with a treatment plan given to you by your doctor who has examined you.  No matter what you do, the scar will always be there.  If you do too much you may make things worse.  Your doctor can give you the best advice because your doctor has examined you.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Should I get a second Kenalog 10 injection for facial scar from injury?

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend you discuss with your Dermatologist or Injecting MD as he/she is most familiar with your medical history.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr. Schwartz