IPL Burn?? (photos)

I've done several 6-session treatments of IPL in the past but never once had I had this big of markings by my mouth....I have tried Googling to see if these are just surfacing of brown spots or they are burns. Can someone please tell what they are? Also for the first time I have this edema on the both sides of my near the chin area. My biggest concern are these by my mouth...I HOPE they are NOT burn marks....Is there anything I can do to speed up the healing process?

After IPL

Thank you for your question vbyrd. IPL is a great treatment to address multiple signs of aging. Afterword some of the pigment may come to the surface and flake off. Burns can occur after a treatment and good wound care with occlusive moisturizers such as Vaseline or Aquaphor will help with the healing process. Some people get cold sores, commonly around the mouth. Cold sores can be address with valacyclovir. Please follow up with your doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

IPL and Hyperpigmentation - Combination approach with Fraxel and/or microneedling/PRP

I suggest you wait 1-2 weeks before determining if there is any pigmentation or burn.  This may be a more aggressive treatment.  Post operative skin care is essential at this time.  Best, Dr. Emer.