How invasive is Cellfina?

Cellfina is minimally invaisive.

Cellfina is the only minimally invasive treatment for the dimples associated with cellulite. Unlike other cellulite treatments, maintenance treatments are not required. In terms of "how invasive is it?" the procedure is performed while you are awake with local anesthesia and a small needle with a blade on the end of it is used to puncture the skin and release the dimples. After the procedure you will need to wear tight spandex like spanks and there can be variable amounts of bruising that resolves over a period of 1-3 weeks depending on how quickly your body resolves bruising.

I hope this helps!

Dr. Quenby Erickson

Cellfina is minimally invaisive.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I hope this helps!

Dr. Quenby Erickson

More information about cellfina

Your cellulite problem is a common one. Fortunately, finally there are effective ways to minimize this problem. Perhaps the least invasive one is  Cellfina™. Cellfina is the only FDA-cleared minimally invasive, one-time procedure clinically proven to improve the appearance of cellulite for at least two years—the longest FDA-cleared duration for a cellulite treatment. A straightforward solution to cellulite, Cellfina™, combines a proven approach with innovative, proprietary technology, to produce precise, long-lasting results and has a high satisfaction rating on RealSelf. Together with Velashape 3, a non invasive procedure to help "shrink wrap the skin" and further minimize cellulite as a combination treatment is perhaps your best chance for taking care of this tough problem. Cellulaze is also a possible treatment but much more invasive

More information about cellfina

Cellfina...Invasive?

There are two major approaches to Cellulite: Cellfina and Cellulaze.  Cellfina uses very small needles to break up the bands bringing down the skin and causing dimples.  If you want a non invasive proven treatment for Cellulite, Cellfina is a great choice.

Cellfina is a precise technology that addresses the actual cause of cellulite.  I have used Cellulaze.  I like it for very large areas with small dimpling.  The larger dimples will require "cutting the parachute strings" which cause pulling on the skin.  Cellulaze has three modes (burst, melt, tighten).  The theory is as follows: The burst mode is supposed to break the bands (parachute strings), the melt mode is supposed to melt the fat and the tighten mode is supposed to tighten the skin.  I think with small dimpling and large areas you can achieve a moderate result.

With Cellfina the technology directly addresses the fibrous bands that pull down on the skin, causing puckering or dimpling. The Cellfina device numbs the skin and cuts these bands. 

What to expect:

• minimal discomfort
  • mild tenderness.
  • Compression garments for a month (at night is fine after 2 weeks)
  • Limit  exercise exercise to upper extremity strenuous. 

Dr. Dillon

Cellfina...Invasive?

What to expect:

• minimal discomfort
  • mild tenderness.

Dr. Dillon

Cellfina is Minimally Invasive

Cellfina, is a minimally invasive, long term treatment for cellulite dimples. Based on our experience, patients generally rate the procedure as being a 1-2 out of 10 in terms of discomfort while the procedure is being done. The next day, patients are back to their day-to-day activities and within a week are able to be working out and going to the gym.  It is typically extremely well tolerated, and has little down time. 

Cellfina is Minimally Invasive

How Invasive is Cellfina?

Thank you for your question. Cellfina is a minimally invasive surgical procedure that is performed with local anesthesia. I hope this helps. Best wishes. 

How Invasive is Cellfina?

How invasive is Cellfina?

Thank you for your question. Cellfina is a minimally invasive procedure performed under local anesthesia, this involves making small puncture sites to cut the bands that causes cellulite. Expect to have some mild bruising and swelling afterwards. Some patients are able to drive themselves and continue with their day without any problems, mild tenderness and bruising is common for a few days or even a couples weeks.

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS

Board-certified plastic surgeon

How invasive is Cellfina?

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS

Board-certified plastic surgeon

Cellfina treatments

Cellfina— Cellfina is the newest FDA approved treatment for cellulite. Unlike the others, it is a one-time, minimally invasive procedure during which a safe, small needle-like tool is inserted to the target tissue to break apart the excessive fibrous connective tissue that causes cellulite. There is minimum downtime and the amazing results from one treatment last at least two years, longer than any other cellulite treatment.

Cellfina treatments

Cellfina treatment for Cellulite

Hello and thank you for the question. The Cellfina process is minimally invasive. The process goes as follows:  The areas of interest are identified and marked. Next the Cellfina device is applied to each individual area which is initially numbed with a local anesthetic.  Once numb, a special cutting needle is inserted into the tissue and the cellulite fibrous bands causing the skin dimpling are released. The entire process is done on an outpatient basis, and takes about an hour. Cellfina is very well tolerated, in general.Best of luck !Glenn Vallecillos, MD, FACS

Cellfina treatment for Cellulite

How invasive is Cellfina?

Cellfina is generally a considered a minimally invasive procedure when compared to a surgical procedure and is performed under local anesthesia. A needle is used to infuse local anesthetic. The first needle poke may sting, but the local anesthetic diffuses past the needle. In this manner the second needle poke is performed into a numbed area and so shouldn't hurt. The treated area is fully numbed in this manner. The actual treatment is done with a micro late which makes a tiny poke through the skin and slides 3 or 6 mm underneath. The micro blade is placed into the numbed areas and should not be painful. Overall, then, patients should feel one or two needle pokes - the remainder are done in numbed areas and the treatment is done in a numbed area. Afterwards, there can be some mild bruising and swelling. Some patients experience some tenderness when they sit for a couple of days and have mild bruising. The vast majority of our patients go to work the next day.

How invasive is Cellfina?

Cellfina is minimally invasive

Cellfina is done with local anesthesia and small puncture sites to cut the bands that cause cellulite. Most of my patients drive themselves home after the procedure and can go back to work the next day. There is some bruising and swelling as would be expected from cutting the bands.

Cellfina is minimally invasive