Why are Internal sutures are coming loose requiring surgical removal? Will this area always look indented, & deformed? (Photos)
Doctor Answers 2
Tummy tuck - spitting sutures at 5 months
- This is totally frustrating when it happens -
- Some people react to their internal sutures and instead of absorbing them the body rejects them.
- You may get a series of sutures bubbling to the surface -
- Let your surgeon remove them as they appear, then wait six months and have a scar revision if the dents are still there - but only using skin sutures that are taken out, not left in.
- Also find out the name of the sutures so you avoid having them used on you again.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.