is it an infection if i have swelling, fever and redness in my breast after working out? (Photo)

I had breast augmentation in july and the implant on my left breast not coming down but now after taking meds i was fine but i been having fever chills and i just notice redness under the nipple after going back to do upper body exercise. I did a workout last thrusday and been having fever since Friday. I started taking antibiotics (doxycycline mono) thinking i had other infection but when i notice this morning the redness under the nipple i got scare. Can it be an implant infection ?

Infection after workout

Thank you for the question.  Based on you description, it does sound like you're leading up to an infection. Visit a board-certified plastic surgeon and have a full evaluation. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi.

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Thank you for your question.  What you are describing does sound like it could be an infection.  When in doubt always contact your surgeon and go in for a check up.  It is always better to be safe than sorry.

Dr. Peter Newen

Peter Newen, MD

Thank you for your question.  If you ever suspect an infection of your implant you need to call your surgeon and be seen right away! 
Best Wishes!

Jamie Moenster, DO
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

What you are describing sounds like the tell tale signs of an infection. Which is not something to self medicate. Make an appointment to see your surgeon as soon as possible. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Very possible

You should see your surgeon for evaluation right away. There is a good chance that you could have an infection. Cellulitis or implant infection can occur even months after augmentation. Taking antibiotics should be directed by your doctor.

Wesley G. Schooler, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Breast Pain

Breast pain with accompanying fever and redness are all indications you should be checked out ASAP.  Your picture could possibly be a sign of cellulitis or an infection in the deeper pocket.  Besides seeing a doctor right away to be evaluated, I would not self treat with antibiotics you might have in your medicine cabinet.

Christopher Costanzo, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Breast Redness

Hi & thank you for your question.

.If you have a fever and redness of the breast it is possible that you have an infection. I would contact your surgeon to have the area evaluated.

Possible infection

It is hard to tell from the photo.  If you are having fevers, chills, and redness, then it is possible you have an infection.  I would recommend seeing your plastic surgeon as soon as possible so they can evaluate the situation.  All the best,

Keshav Magge, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Redness and pain may be a sign of a breast infection.

I can't tell much from your photograph but if you have the combination of redness of the skin and pain in the breast and infection is certainly a possibility. This should be reported to your surgeon.