Could my incisions be infected! (photo)

Couple days short of 3 weeks post full lift and implants, my steri tape came off little bit of brownish/yellow leaking . Not enough fluid to fill a full gauze just some comes out in little increments . It's a Sunday I'll be calling my doc tomorrow in the mean time should I be worried that my wounds are infected ?

Slow healing of incision

Thank you for your question and photo.  I am sorry that you are having problems after surgery. From what I can tell, you have some mild separation at the "T" incision.  This happens occasionally after this type of closure due to swelling and tension at the junction of the skin.  You don't appear to have an obvious infection, but of course it is always best to check with your surgeon and let them see you soon.  Best wishes.MHS

Breast implants and lift

I can't say for sure there is no infection but it is unlikely.  It is common for there to be a little skin breakdown at the point where the vertical incision meets the horizontal incision (T point).  When this happens there is a small amount of yellowish discharge.  Check with your surgeon to be sure.  I hope this is helpful.Thomas Taylor, MD, FACS

Breast lift and implants - could I be infected?

Thank you for asking about your breast lift and implant.
  • Naturally you are worried and your surgeon will want to see you.
  • If you have an infection, the earlier it is treated the better so you should be seen without delay.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Could My Incision Be Infected?

Congratulations on what appears to be a well done inferior pedicle breast lift with implants.  Unfortunately, there often tends to be a little breakdown of the T junction of the vertical and horizontal incision on these standard breast lift/reduction/augmentations.  
Obviously, an in person examination would give you a much more accurate answer to your question.  However, most often, these breakdowns and minimal fluid release is due to tension on the suture line and rarely due to infection.
That being said, your personal plastic surgeon knows exactly what he or she did, and therefore I would not wait until Monday to discuss it with your plastic surgeon because if bacteria is present, it doubles in number every 20 minutes.  Therefore, waiting 24 hours may lead to a complication you don't want to have.  

Most likely not but..

Most likely not an infection but difficult to assess from the photo.  I would be concerned if it felt warm or hot to touch and how it compares to the other side.  Fevers would also be worrisome.Get in and see your surgeon.Best WIshes,nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS