My incision seems to be opening and has white? This does not seem normal! Any feedback would be appreciated (Photo)

Im 16 days post op tummy tuck and muscle tightening. And my incision seems to be opening and has white? it is still draining a little, and I'm changing gauzes twice a day. This does not seem normal

Opening incision after tummy tuck

The photo you sent is a common occurence with abdominoplasties.  Since there is quite a bit of tissue tension at the  incision line, there sometimes tends to be some wound separation, that will heal ultimately.

My incision seems to be opening and has white? This does not seem normal! Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you for your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon. They are most familiar with your medical history, details of your surgery, and how you are healing. Although it's not normal for the incision to open, it doesn't necessarily mean that you will have a significant issue. Small areas can heal nicely with wound care.  Congratulations on your recent surgery.

Incision line

Hi Thank you for your question. Sorry that you are having problems post-op. It appears that your incision is opening up. It's not normal but fixable. Please call your Surgeon ASAP  for a follow up appointment. Best of luck to you.

Mrudangi S Thakur, MD
White Plains Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and Wound Healing

Sorry to hear about your issues after your tummy tuck.  This is not normal, but is a well know issue that can arise after tummy tuck surgery. It would be best at this point to follow up with your surgeon if you already haven't.  Follow your surgeons recommendations as to what to do and not to do.
Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Opening Incision - See Your Surgeon

Hello and thank you for your question! I am so sorry to hear about your incision and the fact that it has opened and is draining a little. I would say from your photo that there is something that needs to be evaluated by your surgeon in person, so it would be best to make an appointment right away. Good luck to you!