Why is my incision bleeding and clear fluid coming out? (Photo)

I had a breast lift and augmentation on June 28, 2016... Everything was healing great and then this happened...what can I do? Is it infected ? What can I put on it ? Should I be worried? Will it leave a bigger scar now?

Seroma, possibly implant infection

It looks that you are developing signs of seroma (fluid collection around implant) with possible infection? This is a condition that requires immediate attention of a surgeon. Antibiotics, possible temporary implant removal are options. Do not waste time. Good luck.

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Why is my incision bleeding and clear fluid coming out?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures. At the first 3 to 5 months, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Mastopexy implant

You need to see your PS and be evaluated in person. This may be an issue with a dissolvable stitch / stitch abscess. The fluid may be related to this or a seroma or related to due to a communication between the implant pocket and the skin. If there is any sign of infection or any chance of implant extrusion this needs to be treated asap. You need face to face reassurance.

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Needing to see your surgeon asap

You need to be evaluated by your surgeon asap as there is a possibility of an implant infection from the photo. It might just be a wound that needs to be treated to heal up, but the possibility of implant exposure and infection requiring removal needs to be looked at by your doctor.