How much improvement can be expected in scars that are 3 months old?

I had laser resurfacing 3 month ago which left scars. I am being treated with vbeam and 5fu/steroid. 3 sessions so far. I'm wondering how much this will improve in the coming year? I'm very depressed by my appearance and I don't know what to believe.

Post laser scarring

Thank you for you question.

I'm sorry you have had some problems after your procedure.

From your pictures, the most visible aspect of your scars seem to be their redness. The good news about this is that redness nearly always improves significantly over time.

The time frame until your appearance is the best it is going to get is actually at least several months from now.

My experience with the eyelids is that scars in this area tend to mature well and become much less noticeable with normal scar maturation. You don't seem to have heavier scars which can be problematic in terms of the eyelid positioning itself which is good.

I know it is difficult to be patient at a time like this, but please be assured that it is likely your final appearance with be much better after a few more months of time. Please be especially careful to avoid sun exposure to your scars.

I am optimistic for you having great improvement over the next several months.

Good luck! 

Rocky Mount Plastic Surgeon

Resurfacing scars

It sounds like you are getting the appropriate treatment for the scars.  The lid skin is pretty forgiving and in time these scars should look pretty good.  

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Silicone gel

Silicone gel or silicone sheets available over the counter as scar treatments applied judiciously over the next several months should help. You will likely need more time...minimum 6 months, and maybe longer. Time will be your ally.  It does improve with time.

Brian K. Machida, MD, FACS
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post laser scars

I can understand why you are upset.  You had a laser treatment to improve your appearance and instead you are left with scars.  I think my strongest recommendation is to make sure you are in the hands of a good plastic surgeon or dermatologist who is adept at scar management.  There are a number of laser modalities that can help in the right hands.  Silicone gel applied topically will also help.  
The answer to your question is that your scars will improve over time and will likely continue to soften and fade over the next year.  The laser and silicone modalities can help expedite the improvements.  If you feel good about who is managing you then stay put..if you decide to look for a second opinion find a dermatologist who manages scars.
Good luck will get there.