What can I do to improve the look of my stomach after baby? (Photos)

Feeling uncomfortable with the shape of my tummy post baby. Mainly the dippling around upper abs. Feel like things look a little wonky?

Post baby tummy questions

Your tummy looks very good post-baby. I am guessing that your appearance will improve with time and a little exercise. Surgery should be your last resort.All the best,Dr K

Post baby abdomen issues

Just scanned some of the answers below, and I agree with Dr. Cassileth.  I think you look pretty great.  Two things to consider: how long ago did you give birth? And how much weight did you gain/lose? It can take a year to fully return to where you were before becoming pregnant. Any tweaks or improvements should be assessed after you get back into your normal routine; however, it may be worth being evaluated now by a board certified plastic surgeon who doesn't try to up-sell you on procedures you don't want or need.  She should thoroughly examine you, assessing for diastasis recti, fat distribution and skin quality to determine if surgery might be warranted to improve what concerns you after you are back to your goal weight and exercise regimen.  I think perspective is important here, however, and you should embrace that you have a beautiful body for *anyone* - not just someone who just gave birth! All the best to you.

Whitney A. Burrell, MD

Post baby tummy, do you need surgery

Ok, I know I'm a plastic surgeon and I should recommend surgery, but I think your belly looks pretty good! There are things like hanging skin and stretch marks the need surgery, but you don't have those things. What you have is a little bit of fat and a little bit of skin. You may have a little rectus diastasis, which you can do core exercise (ck out the tuppler technique) to improve. Sometimes with slightly loose fatty post baby skin you really need to get your body fat down to have it look toned. If you must do something try cool sculpt, it's the only fat removal I've seen the tightens up the skin. And it's non surgical. Yay.

Lisa Cassileth, MD, FACS

Contouring

Thank you for the photos and question but an examination is really needed to see what technique or set of procedures would give you the best result.  So see some experts in your area.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Tummy Tuck/ Abdominoplasty/ Reverse Tummy Tuck/ Liposuction/High Definition Procedures

From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks. You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.

I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique.

Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon