Is there anything I can do to improve my chin area? It's not that recessed in the profile view, but it looks small. (photo)

I have 7-yr old jaw implants, but I never got a chin implant. The doc agreed that I didn't really need projection & felt my labomental sulcus would deepen too much. Over time, extra skin next to my mouth increased & lip corners started to turn down. Prejowl implants seem reasonable, but when I push that area out, my face looks unnatural & big. I'm having lipo, so I could get f/gs but I don't know if that would benefit & where it should go. Could some combo of implant + filler improve this?

Improving jaw contour

This is a very common request, I find, in young patients as the are getting older.  I agree, a chin implant would deepen your labiomental sulcus and your 3/4 to profile view would worsen, not improve.  Pre jowl implants widen the appearance of the frontal aspect of the jaw too much - they are good in very select and specific cases.  I personally, would start with filler in your case.  Something a little bit more thick or dense like restylane lyft/juvederm ultra plus would work very well to improve that jawline contour from the 3/4 and profile view, while also getting you more definition across the menton.  The nice thing about fillers is that you can build on it, tweak it, and get it perfect.  Those particular fillers will also give you anywhere from 9 months to a year of results before you may need a touch up.  Best of luck!

Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant

Thank you for the question and YES what concerns you can be corrected.  So see some experts in your area with your previous operative note and preop photos and find out how.
Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Chin implant candidate

Chin implants are manufactured in a very large array of sizes and shapes, are composed of SIlastic which can be custom carved when necessary to me patient's unique anatomy. The primary goal of the chin and plan is to give foreign projection,  some degree of added width, and a small amount of vertical height. The mandible and the chin implants are both three-dimensional structures, so an in-person examination is usually required to make a determination about what can be accomplished with the procedure. In our practice, we have been using Implantech pre-Jowl  chin implants for over 25 years with an excellent success rate. For more information, diagrams of the implants, and many before-and-after results, please see the link and the video below