Did my implant break? 5 months post op

Everytime I press on top of my right breast Implant I feel a tingling sensation on my armpit and sometimes even on my right arm. Did it leak? Should I be worried?

Tingling in arm

It is possible to have tingling in some areas of the inner upper arm after breast augmentation surgery from irritation of the nerves that cross this area.  Usually this will resolve but takes 6 months or more.  You should definitely follow up with your plastic surgeon.

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Implant Break?

Hello and thank you for sharing your concerns. It is possible that you are experiencing irritation of the nerves around where your implant lies instead of an implant leakage. You should follow-up with your surgeon so that you can get a better assessment. I wish you the best of luck!

Peter Newen, MD

Implant break?

Thank your for your question. It is likely you are experiencing some irritation of the nerves around where your implant lies. It is best to follow up with your plastic surgeon for an exam to check things out.Best wishes, Benjamin J. Cousins MD

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Irritation after Breast Augmentation surgery

Hopefully your issue is just related to irritation of the nerves that lie to the side of the breast implant.  Follow up with your surgeon to make sure the implant is clinically intact.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Tingling after Breast Augmentation

The most common cause of tingling after breast augmentation is irritation to the sensory nerves in the area from the recent implant placement.   If your breasts are symmetric and soft, your doctor can monitor the area and let the tingling resolve.  When an implant is ruptured, compression of the breast typically does not elicit the symptoms you describe.  If you are very worried about the implant condition, your doctor can order an ultrasound which can provide some evidence of implant integrity.  Hope this helps!

Stephen Bresnick, MD

Did my implant break? 5 months post op

Hard to answer this question online without an in person exam. Best to call your operating surgeon so you can be properly evaluated in person and additional imaging tests can be ordered if necessary. Good luck!

Tingling sensation

Hello! I suggest that you come in contact with your plastic surgeon. What you describe is most probably caused by a nerve stimulation and will go away  but it is best to inform your doctor.

Ioannis Gkotsikas, MD
Greece Plastic Surgeon

Tingling after BA

Thank you for your question. It sounds like what you are experiencing is feeling from a sensory nerve. It will likely go away with time. Be sure to bring this up with your PS at your next visit. Best, Dr. Kludt

Nathan Kludt, MD
Stockton Plastic Surgeon

Tingling sensations after breast augmentation

It seems like what you are describing is a sensation being produced by a nerve. This often goes away over time. If you have any concerns about your breast implant, you should be evaluated by your plastic surgeon.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon