I had a tummy tuck 7 weeks ago. I'm just wondering if this is my final result? Or I'm still swollen? (Photo)

Is my result the final result at 7 weeks for a tummy tuck?

Hi MrsAguilar,Thanks for your question and photos. The photos certainly help in assessing where you stand but some before would be helpful as well.. It seems that you have more fullness or swelling on the bottom of your incision which is common.  I would encourage lymphatic massage to help with swelling. Some patients swell more than others than others but otherwise, it is still within normal limits in terms of how your stomach looks. You should see a closer result to the final outcome at 3months. Good Luck!
 All the best,Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS#tummytuck #abdominoplastyBoard Certified Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question and photos. Normally it takes about 3-6 months for swelling to resolve occasionally 12 months. It varies with each individual patients. I would recommend to follow up with your board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Post-op tummy tuck

Your result is very good so far.  But, you still have a ways to go. You will see your final result, in terms of swelling and overall contour, in another 2 or 3 months.  It really does take that long for all the swelling to resolve and the skin to fully shrink. The scar will take a year or so to fade. I hope this helps! Enjoy your result!

I had a tummy tuck 7 weeks ago. I'm just wondering if this is my final result? Or I'm still swollen?

Thanks for your pictures and questions.  Congrats on your recent surgery!  You likely still have some swelling after your surgery.  I tell my patients to give it at least 3 months before evaluating their result as swelling can persist for some time.  Some patients can have swelling for as long as one year.  Keep in touch with your surgeon.

Naveen Setty, MD

How soon after tummy tuck before my final results?

Thank you for your question and photos.  Every patient is different and the healing for every patient is different.  Typically I educate my patients to expect swelling that can take three to six months to resolve.  At three months my patients return to unrestricted activity and in the first couple of weeks of increased exercise they note some increased swelling-also not unexpected.  Be patient, and reach out to your surgeon for their specific advice.  Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Swollen after a tummy tuck

7 weeks after a tummy tuck is absolutely normal, you are still in the healing stages.  Even though every day you body is healing and the swelling is going down also remember that every one is different and typically you can expect to see your final result up to a year from surgery.  Remember to follow your surgeons instructions and reach out to him with any concerns as he knows you best. 

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Healing process

The lumpiness, swelling, itching and hardness after a surgery like you had typically persists at least 8 weeks after the surgery then slowly goes away. In my experience, daily massage of the hard areas makes the biggest difference in getting rid of it sooner rather than later. It can easily take 6 months or more to see results. Your tummy tuck scars will usually flatten and fade between 9-12 months but can sometimes take closer to 18 months. Scar fading depends on your genetics. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have with your surgeons for his evaluation and advice. Hope this helps.

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #tummytuck

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck - Post Op Swelling

You are still very early in the healing process.  It will take weeks to months before you are completely healed.   Wear your compression garment as instructed by your Plastic Surgeon.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Tummy tuck swelling

Thanks for your question. At 7 weeks post-op there will be some remaining swelling to the surgical area. This will continue to decrease over the next 4-6 months. Your scar will also continue to mature and improve over the year. In the meantime, stay in communication with your plastic surgeon to ensure that your recovery continues without any problems. All the best.

Ian MacArthur, MD, FRCSC
Ottawa Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Swelling Post-Op

Swelling can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year. Frequently the pubic area and the scrotal and penis area for men can become very swollen and discolored during the first two weeks due to gravity as this is the lowest area for swelling to accumulate. There should not be any reason to worry if it is only swelling and you are not feeling excessive pain or discomfort, or any problems with your incisions. If additional questions arise never hesitate to contact your surgeon.