I had a tummy tuck 4 months ago, is it safe to play roller derby?

Sporting activity after tummy tuck

At this stage of your post operative recovery its normally safe to resume regular activities.  Its important to ease back into your physical activities and listen to your body.  Your surgeon will be able to give you the best advice in regards to your individual recovery.

4 months post tummy tuck

This is a question for the surgeon who is taking care of you. He or she knows what has been done and how you've healed so far. In general, if all has healing well you should be fine to return to all physical activity at this point. Best wishes. Dean Vistnes. 

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Yes you are free to enjoy any activities contact your surgeon for instructions.     Ron Hazani MD

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Exercise ok 4 months post Tummy Tuck?

Hello and thank you for your question.

At 4 months post-op, you are in the clear to resume all activity. It is best to start gradually and increase intensity and duration until you feel completely back to your old self.

Physical Activity after Tummy Tuck

Always best to ask your surgeon is regards to guidelines and limitations after your surgery. However, for my patients, 4 months is far enough time to let patient ramp up to their regular prior activities.  I instruct patient to start slowly and make sure it is not causing pain and then to continue to progress to full activity.

Khashayar Mohebali, MD, FACS
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Activity after tummy tuck

At 4 months post op, you should be able to resume normal activities, but it is always best to check with your surgeon as he/she is most familiar with the details of your surgery and how your recovery is progressing.  When returning to activity, it is always best to start gradually and build up your tolerance.

Camille Cash, MD

Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to determining the return to specific activities after the specific procedure performed. He/she will know exactly how you are progressing and whether or not you have experienced any complications. Remember, that he/she is ultimately responsible for your care.
Having said that, I ask my tummy tuck patients to start walking ASAP after surgery but refrain from any heavy-lifting or strenuous exercise for 6-8 weeks to prevent complications and ensure proper healing. It may be 4-6 months before you reach your full energy and strength levels. Best to “go slow” (especially with contact sports like roller derby) and listen to your body as you gradually increase your activity level. Best wishes.

Roller derby

Is it ever safe to play roller derby?

By four months, both the muscle repair and the incisions are healed as strongly as they will ever by, so resumption of full activities is the usual. I would suggest running your question by your surgeon, since he/she has been following your recovery. 

All the best. 

Tummy Tuck

It is my pleasure to answer your question. At three months post op i recommend my patients to perform any type of physical activities.

Aramis Vega, MD