I had a tummy tuck in 2014. Sometimes I feel pinching linea Alba

I had a tummy tuck in 2014. Sometimes I feel pinching along my linea Alba and belly button. Not very painful but annoying. Feels like mild electrical impulses, as if I got shockedor stung. It usally happens while running or sitting for long periods of time. Waist Training helps but sometimes i still feel the sting.

Tingling nerve sensation after TT

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Nerve tingling, etc. following TT is normal and can last upto 3 years and is usually an indication of nerves growing back into the soft tissues. I would recommend messaging the areas to desensitize them.

Pinching sensation after a tummy tuck

Thank you for the question. It is rather difficult to fully assess your situation without in-person exam. It is not uncommon to experience a pinching sensation resembling electric impulses after a tummy tuck as your sensory nerves regenerate following the surgery. It may take from 6 up to 12 months for your nerves to regenerate and swelling to subside. If post-operative discomfort persists one year after surgery, however, it is important that you alert your plastic surgeon to your concerns.

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon would be the best way to assess your needs and obtain a reliable medical advice. Best of luck! Dr. Michael Omidi.

Pinching area in abdomen post tummy tuck.

These sensations likely come from the tightening of your rectus abdominus muscle that was done during the tummy tuck. Although, still having these sensations two years after the surgery is a little unusual, it is not unheard of.

These sensations will most likely improve with more time. It would be a good idea for you to see your treating plastic surgeon just to ensure nothing is awry, but I suspect she/he will find nothing amiss.