Had tongue in groove technique to lengthen nose. Can spreaders be removed while the septal extension graft remains? (Photos)

I had a revision rhinoplasty using rib for extended spreader grafts and septal extension graft, however I want the extended spreader grafts removed. It makes my nose wider. I see there are ways to secure the septal extension graft without them. Can the spreaders be removed while the septal extension graft remains? Can the spreader grafts be added to my septum for extra derotation? Or do I need a whole new septal extension graft?

Removing spreader grafts

This is a very technical question and would depend on a number of factors. The simple answer is "yes" the spreader grafts can be removed while leaving a septal extension graft in place. I would recommend visiting with a revision rhinoplasty surgeon to discuss in more detail after an in person examination. This will give you the best idea of what is possible in your specific situation

Best of luck

Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can Spreader Grafts be Rwemoved but Septal Extension Graft be Left in Place

Spreader grafts can b left in placed without touching the spreader grafts. Having sair that I don't now if that is the best choice for you.

Extended spreader grafts

Possibly.  Another surgery will be another revision rhinoplasty, which produces more scar tissue and makes the surgery more difficult than primary rhinoplasty.  I recommend consulting with a surgeon(s) who is experienced in revision rhinoplasty to determine whether you are a candidate.  

Raj P. TerKonda, MD, FACS