I am thinking of doing Ulthera. Before I do that, what should I look for? Any other suggestion I need to be careful?

I am 35 years old and I am thinking to do ulthera Ultrasound or Ultheapy I dont what is the difference? and wondering what I should look for in the clinic? are the any different type of machine? newer technology is better what is the best technology or machine i need to yo look for? any other suggestion i need to be careful? Thank you

Thinking About Ultherapy

Ultherapy is a great treatment when provided to the appropriate candidates. Not everyone will benefit from the treatment and some people will need multiple treatments for optimal results. The most important thing you can do is make sure you see an experienced physician for an in-person consultation and evaluation. Beware of Med spas that don't have a physician on site and treat everyone who walks through their doors. Best wishes. 

Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Ulthera

First of all, let me commend you for taking the time to research both your treatment of interest and the potential facility you will use.Ulthera ultrasound and Ultherapy are the same thing.Ulthera is the name of the company, Ultherapy the name of the treatment, and ultrasound is what is used in the treatment itself.As for the facility and the best technology to use, I would have to recommend a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon rather than just visiting a med-spa.By consulting with a qualified practitioner, you will get the best recommendation suited for you which might include more than just one treatment device.I hope this clears things up.

Reps B. Sundin, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Ulthera

Thanks for your inquiries and I am glad to see you are doing some research before your treatment.The best recommendation is to have your consultation with someone whose office is run by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist.It is preferable to have your treatment performed in a doctor’s office rather than a medspa.You may want to meet specifically with the doctor to discuss your options for facial rejuvenation. This gives you the opportunity to discuss potential other modalities which may be better suited for you such as Venus, Infini, or even potentially a facelift.It’s always best with facial rejuvenation to understand the many different treatment modalities which can be used together to create the best possible result for you.I hope this is helpful.

Burton M. Sundin, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy and Long Term Results

We love ultherapy in our practice and combine it with Sculptra to get better results.  I suggest seeing an expert for treatment.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Ultherapy

Ultherapy is an effective, non-surgical ultrasound treatment for counteracting the effects of gravity and time on the skin.The technology is distributed by Ulthera.You can check on their website to see who offers the treatment in your locality.The person who administers the treatment should be experience, well trained and up to date on the latest protocol.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ulthera...

Thank you for your question.  Ultherapy is the treatment by the company Ulthera (which is now owned by Merz).  The Ultherapy machines are easily updated to the latest firmwares so you shouldn't have an issue with outdated software.  There have been protocol changes over the years so you want to make sure the office you go to is using the latest protocols, as these are better tolerated and more efficacious.  Your board certified Dermatologist should be able to thoroughly discuss the treatment with you and what your anticipated outcomes are and most importantly make an accurate decision if you are a good candidate for the treatment. Additionally the person performing the treatment in the office can make a difference so you want to feel comfortable that they are knowledgable about the treatment as well.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

What to Look for when Considering Ultherapy

There are a few things to consider when choosing a provider for Ultherapy.  The Ultherapy website can help you find locations in your area, but it is a good idea to follow through with more research.  Because the device can be updated through computers, it would be harder to find software out of date.  I would confirm that the medical director is onsite, and preferably board certified as well.  It's important that a consultation take place prior to treatment.  They should be able to thoroughly review the treatment, and explain your candidacy as well as what would be an appropriate treatment to address your concerns.  It can also make a difference how experienced the technician is.  Ultherapy is a great treatment for many people, so they should be able to share with you why it would be good for you.  There is some discomfort involved with the treatment, so that should also be discussed prior to treatment.  I hope this is helpful!

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy expert in Los Angeles

I recommend that you see Dr Raffy who has written a book about Ultherapy. He is at Kare Plastic Surgery in Santa Monica, CA. The ebook is on the link below. 

Considering Ultherapy

Ulthera is the name of the company that produces the device that is used to treat patients, and the name of the procedure is called Ultherapy.  The device utilizes ultrasound to accomplish the tightening of the skin and tissue beneath the skin.  You should make sure you find out who would be performing the treatment and make sure they are experienced with the device.  There are a variety of settings and depths that can be used and the experience of the person treating you can make in difference in your results.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon