I want to have surgery and also Fraxel. Which one should I do first?

I want to have surgery for cheeks, nose and eyes, and also fraxel. Do I start with the surgery or with laser?

Surgery and Laser Can Be combined

I often laser patients right after they have face/neck lifts, there is no reason to wait if you go to an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Surgery before laser resurfacing

In most cases, I would recommend surgery prior to laser resurfacing. It is best to work from deep and/or most aggressive (surgery) to superficial (i.e. improving the skin texture and tone with Fraxel). Take care!

Anne Marie Tremaine, MD
Naples Dermatologic Surgeon

Surgery then Fraxel

Always do surgery first. This gives you the foundation. Additionally, if you have scars from surgery, Fraxel and other lasers can decrease the surgical scars. 

I always perform my facelifts and eyelid surgery before laser resurfacing. In some cases the procedures can be done at the same time. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser, surgical and aesthetic dermatologist
BRISBANE, Australia

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Surgery and Fraxel

You generally can have Fraxel a few weeks after your surgery as long as your plastic surgeon approves it.  Best, Dr. Green