I scratched my alar base by accident 5 weeks post-op!

It's been exactly 5 weeks since my open rhinoplasty with alar base reduction and I scratched the side of my nose by accident right on the side nostril wound. Later I noticed that I caused some bleeding on that area. I did not scratch it hard at all since I caught myself. My question is, is it normal 5 weeks later to bleed so easily. Thankfully it was on the side of the nose most hidden but now I'm wondering if I'm healing too slowly. No photos included since this is not visible on photo. TY

1 month post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.

Kind regards

Scratch after rhinoplasty

Dear Sunshine8497, It is difficult to tell whether there is a significant injury to the nose without pictures or an in office exam. If it is a simple minor scratch, it is unlikely that there was any damage to the nose. However, it is best to schedule a time to see your surgeon to make sure there are no concerns. Best of luck to you. 

Eric J. Yavrouian, MD
Glendale Facial Plastic Surgeon