I have a scar on my face from an accident when I was 1 I am now 27 what can I do to have it completely removed? (photos)

I was small and the doctors didn't seem to have to done a good job because it feels like the over lapped my skin and stitched it. The worst part is that it's on my face and ive gotten bullied my whole life about it and it's time to get it removed

Doctor Answers 3

Scar on Face -- Lasers, Microneedling/PRP, Subcision, Fillers, Dermaflage/ScarMD, skin lightening

This needs a series of laser treatments, subsicision and fillers to give an improved look.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 190 reviews

Scar revision

I think that the appearance of the scar can be improved but not removed. A revision of the scar under local anesthesia would improve the appearance of the scar and make it less noticeable. 

Payman Danielpour, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 36 reviews


The scar cannot be "removed" BUT surgery can be performed to make it look better and less noticeable.  Scars that are indented or bumpy are much more noticeable than flat scars.  I would recommend seeing a plastic surgeon to discuss options for revising the scar. If the scar bothers you, schedule a consultation and get the scar revised so you can move on.   Good luck!

George Orloff, MD, FACS
Burbank Plastic Surgeon
4.1 out of 5 stars 11 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.