I had Rhinoplasty almost 2 months ago but something disturbing has been happening since. I am not sure if this is normal?

When I breathe through my nose, the left side of my nose literally MOVES in and out (not the nostrils, but the part up above my nostrils that goes up towards the dorsal hump that was removed). I can see the side of my nose expanding in when I breathe out. Is this normal? My right side doesn't do this but I also feel more congested on that side. I had a closed rhinoplasty with hump removal and tip refinement as well as alar base reduction. Please help. It's pretty scary to see my nose move!

I had Rhinoplasty almost 2 months ago but something disturbing has been happening

Discuss this with your surgeon. Your surgeon is always in the best position to evaluate the problem.

Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal movement with breathing after rhinoplasty?

you need to return to your surgeon, valuate what is happening since he is the only one who knows what he did for your rhinoplasty.  Otherwise, we would just be guessing as to the cause. 

It sounds as though you might have lost some support on that side from the procedure.  As you are only 2 months out from surgery, it is far too early to even discuss revision, should that be necessary.  (I usually recommend waiting at least 1 year). The scar tissue is still forming at this time.  Continue to work with your surgeon and protect the nose from any injury.

Garrett A. Wirth, MD, FACS

Side of nose moving after rhinoplasty

Your description makes me suspect that your nasal side wall is moving inward. This happens when there is a bit of narrowing of that side of your airway. This can be due to a deviated septum, enlarged turbinates, weak tissues of the side wall itself, or narrowing / collapse of the internal nasal valve. In any event it is still a little too early to wory about it. it could also be due to some residual swelling. Give it some more time (2-4 months) bit certainly discuss it with your surgeon.