I wish to remove congenital melanocystic nevus on my face. What do I do? (Photos)

Hi, I have a question and I hope you can help me enlighten my mind as to what would be the best option that I can do. I have a mole on my face, it is 2.3cm long and 1.8cm wide and what it to be removed. It has got hair but i usually shave it everyday. What procedure is the best thing to do and also if graft is needed. I want to have it removed with minimal scarring on my face. Thank you for all your help. Cheers!

Excision is really the only way to go with congenital hairy moles.

The scar from surgically removing a large congenital hairy mole is almost always better looking that the ugly mole. It is done under local and easy to undergo. Follow up about 3 months later with a little dermabrasion to help fade the scar is recommended.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Nevus on the face

You should consider a surgeon who performs excision of skin lesions on the face and performs flap closures routinely; You will definitely require a local flap to get the results that you are desiring.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

For Best Results--See an expert: Dermatologic Surgeon

I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist for a formal evaluation. This can be improved or removed with lasers, radiowave or shave. See an expert to minimize scarring. Best, Dr. Emer.