I regret my rhinoplasty after 3 weeks. Should I try to make him fix at 6 months or should I get another doctor & pay again?

It's been 3 weeks. I had bad days and good days, trying to adjust to my new nose. It is not balanced for my profile, it's too long and pointy, "pinocchio" style and people have mentioned that to me. I know there is swelling and healing process. I was trying to put my focus into smthg else and deal with it in a year. I can't. I'll see my doc in 1 week. Should I try to make him fix it at 6 months (he probably won't, because in papers it says 1 year) or should I get another doctor and pay again?

Unhappy rhinoplasty

You are only 3 weeks out so it's really difficult to say how everything will look after the swelling goes down.  It is often difficult to be patient for the all the swelling to go down.  But remember that doing any additional surgery any time soon will not make things necessarily better for you.  I would recommend waiting longer and continue to follow up with your surgeon.

Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy With Rhinoplasty

It is impossible to evaluate your surgical result at 3 weeks post op.  It takes weeks to months to see a final result.  Good communication with your surgeon is very important for healing.  Follow up with your surgeon on a routine basis so that he can monitor your progress.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Not Happy 3 weeks after Rhinoplasty

You know that it is impossible for you to evaluate your rhinoplasty results at 3 weeks. Be patient and monitor your changes as healing progresses. Give yourself another 6 months before starting to consider a revision. Share your concerns with your surgeon but it is too early to consider when or if you should have a revision and who should do it.

Unhappy with results

If you are unhappy with your rhinoplasty results you need to discuss this with your surgeon; remember that you may lose some of the projection of your tip with time; a photograph would be helpful to help you determine whether something is really wrong.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Wait a year

Hello. If you have a revision too early, you will most likely get an unwanted result. Unfortunately there is no other alternative than to wait in order to maximize the chance of having a good outcome.

Marcelo Ghersi, MD